PDA

View Full Version : FS: Salt AquaVitro

Aquattro
04-19-2011, 03:42 AM
I've got most of a bucket of this salt, decided I don't like it, 50 bucks

The Grizz
04-19-2011, 03:49 AM
Sorry Brad don't mean to jack your thread but I am curious what you didn't like about it? PM me and delete my post if you would rather not say publicly. :biggrin:

Aquattro
04-19-2011, 03:53 AM
Just found it mixed up cloudy, and even after 24 hours, didn't clear. Just did my water change, and the tank is now cloudy. I was told this by someone else that tried it, but the vendor assured me it mixed clear. Probably a fine salt, just not what I'm used to and prefer not using it.

The Grizz
04-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Cool thanks Brad, I am thinking of trying this salt as well. Maybe I might find some one using it here that I can buy some from to try.

Free bumpity bump bump :biggrin:

mws
04-19-2011, 04:19 AM
So it's not just me or my water. Thanks for the post. I couldn't wait when the bucket comes to the end. With two power heads, the water would be cloudy for days and white deposit on sides of the mixing container,cords, heater and powerheads. It's been driving me crazy for too long. Back to just reefsalt and happy again.
I also been dealing with some very bad cyanobacteria in both tanks, wonder if it would get better after a few water changes.

Aquattro
04-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Ya, I've got residue all over my pump and tank. I hear some people like this, but not me. RBS for me.

Money pit
04-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Very strange. I've been using this salt, and find it mixes cloudy but clears up in an hour or 2.

Aquattro
04-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Very strange. I've been using this salt, and find it mixes cloudy but clears up in an hour or 2.

I've heard people say that, I guess it could be a batch specific thing.