PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Coralvue bulbs and/or ballast?

apepper
01-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Has anyone been using the Coralvue bulbs and ballasts. I would be interested in any longer term experience (I know they haven't been out for long). Anyone using the 175W 10000K bulb?

apepper
01-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Has no one used a CoralVue MH bulb or ballast?

Delphinus
01-13-2004, 02:31 PM
I ordered me a Coralvue bulb but it was only just yesterday so maybe in about a month I can answer your question.. Until then I guess what I can tell you is that I did a cursory check over at RC for some feedback on the bulbs and nothing really raised a red flag for me, which really surprised me given that they seem to be an economy type bulb, I was kind of half expecting to hear more "stay away" type comments but there really weren't many of those at all, if really any at all. There was one guy who was unhappy that the bulb had physically broke on him, but it sounds like the manufacturer took care of him. He started the thread all angry but by the time he finished the thread he was like "they took care of me, I'm fine thanks."

I have no experience with the ballasts ... sorry. And I guess technically I have no experience with the bulbs either but here I am replying anyways. Whoops. Well, thought a weak answer might be better than no answer at all.

If you decide to go for it too, let us know how it turns out. When I get mine fired up I'll post back with whatever I find out too.

apepper
01-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Thanks, for the reply. I guess they are still pretty new for anybody to have much experience with them. As you said most of the information I could find seemed to be generally positive and I really like the color of them (based on the 250W MH comparison pictures).

Valleye
01-15-2004, 02:11 AM
I have had both the 20K and the 15K. I liked the initial light but unfortunately I broke both (water splash). I am currently using the 15k without the glass sleeve. (open element) and I still love the colour. No Actinic necessary with either the 15k or the 20k.