PDA

View Full Version : New Book Breeding Berghia Nudibranches

Bubbly
04-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Hi, I'm doing some research on breeding Berghia nudibranchs and I came across this book on Amazon.com,

"Breeding Berghia Nudibranches the best kept secret" by Dene Banger

has anyone read this?

Bubbly
04-15-2011, 01:26 AM
sorry I forgot the link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=breeding+berghia

whatcaneyedo
04-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Publisher: CreateSpace (April 4, 2011)

It looks like it was literally just released 10 days ago.

lastlight
04-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Hey that's really neat.

The Author, Dene Banger is from Ontario just like you! You might want to get in touch with him somehow and ask him for advice :biggrin:

He's right in Waterloo...crazy close.

Welcome to Canreef!

Bubbly
04-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Waterloo? a Canadian?
...thanks for the welcome.
My day just got better! Amazon is taking pre-orders, is this normal?? I had to put my email address in for a waiting list.

DeneBanger
04-15-2011, 05:42 AM
Hey that's really neat.

The Author, Dene Banger is from Ontario just like you! You might want to get in touch with him somehow and ask him for advice :biggrin:

He's right in Waterloo...crazy close.

Welcome to Canreef!

What a pleasant surprise....he most certainly is!

DeneBanger
04-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Publisher: CreateSpace (April 4, 2011)

It looks like it was literally just released 10 days ago.

...actually I just released it yesterday.

Bubbly
04-16-2011, 09:14 PM
What a very nice man! I met with him this morning....oh, to know half of what he knows! And he even gave me a signed proof (one of the first production copies...before the book's release). I remember I was at his shop a few years ago and just had to stand in awe of all the set-ups he had!

This book is amazing, he takes you through building a breeding setup....step-by-step....complete with photographs each step of the way! Looking through it it is even simple enough that I can build it....and I have trouble putting a screw in the wall! LOL!!!

The breeding chamber separates the nudibranch and larvae from the main filtration system so you can run a sump, UV sterilizer and protein skimmer without any fear of the larvae being removed...he told me that this was a biological breakthrough for anyone and everyone who wants to breed any marine organism.

On the site he has a Berghia breeding directory to help upcoming breeders get exposure!

Here is a link to his site...
http://breedingberghia.com

DeneBanger
04-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Thank-you for your kind words Bubbly, the book just listed as #7 on the 100 bestseller's list in the category Fish & Aquariums on Amazon.com! It's only been released for 5 days!

DeneBanger
04-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Thank-you for your kind words Bubbly, the book just listed as #7 on the 100 bestseller's list in the category Fish & Aquariums on Amazon.com! It's only been released for 5 days!
And #2 in HOT NEW RELEASES!

themastr
04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Just got the book yesterday. Waiting for it to come in the mail

Wish me luck

DeneBanger
04-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Just got the book yesterday. Waiting for it to come in the mail

Wish me luck
Wonderful! Just read it completely the first time through and the follow the step-by-step instructions on building the breeding system...you'll be producing Berghia in no time....and praying for more Aiptasia!