PDA

View Full Version : BRS dual reactor vs NextReef MR1

Coleus
04-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Well,

My tank is around 170 gallon and right now i am using deltec 509 for carbon and TLF phosban 150 reactor for GFO.

I found that changing out media for the TLF reactor sucks sometime so thinking to replace it with NextReef MR1

However, i just saw the BRS dual reactor and maybe this will make my life easier. I read lots of review and they seem to be good but anyone from canreef has used it and found if it is better to use. I am just want an easy way to swap media reactor without struggling everytime.

For media, I am using GFO and ROX from BRS

Thx

lastlight
04-14-2011, 07:08 PM
I have one (BRS) Tai. You can 'try before you buy' if you'd like?

Coleus
04-14-2011, 07:12 PM
hi Brett

Thanks for your offer but I can take your words for it. So is it easy to replace media. I plan to buy two so that when the time to change, i can just rinse media in the extra one and then just swap the cartridge. My another problem right now is to transfer media from rinse bucket to reactor, i always spill them all over the floor which **** me off

JonT
04-14-2011, 07:33 PM
hi Brett

Thanks for your offer but I can take your words for it. So is it easy to replace media. I plan to buy two so that when the time to change, i can just rinse media in the extra one and then just swap the cartridge. My another problem right now is to transfer media from rinse bucket to reactor, i always spill them all over the floor which **** me off

Well, you won't spill with the BRS unit.

Take the tube out, dump the old, rinse, add the new.

I put a small square of egg crate in the sink. Set the cartridge on that, and run the water through for however long you need to rinse for.

If you use RO for rinse, you can setup a small pump, and still do the same thing.

I have a single BRS unit, and I am about to get another. Then I am going to get rid of the TLF150 I have. I am tired of replacing the O ring.

Coleus
04-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Well, you won't spill with the BRS unit.

Take the tube out, dump the old, rinse, add the new.

I put a small square of egg crate in the sink. Set the cartridge on that, and run the water through for however long you need to rinse for.

If you use RO for rinse, you can setup a small pump, and still do the same thing.

I have a single BRS unit, and I am about to get another. Then I am going to get rid of the TLF150 I have. I am tired of replacing the O ring.

Thanks. Going to order 2 and see how it goes. Then maybe i can use another deltec for pellets. Woot woot

lastlight
04-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd recommend buying the seperate ones so you can tweak flow to both individually.

Palmer
04-14-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm in the market for another TLF reactor if you want to offset your cost...

Bblinks
04-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I run a smr1 for pellets and a mr1 for rowa, I really like the nextreef reactor due to the simplicity. For pellets IMO nextreef hands down but as far as phosphate brs is just a bit easier to change out the media.

P.S. nextreef parts are in most lfs. So that means replacement parts are more readily available.