PDA

View Full Version : any experience with Ecoxotic Stunner Strips?

smokinreefer
04-14-2011, 07:38 AM
hey all,

i was thinking of adding a couple of these stunner strips (403nm UltraViolet & 453nm Blue) to supplement my 150W DE MH.

wondering if anyone has any experience with these?
are they strong enough to use as supplements?
will i notice any difference when the halide is on?

thanks for any input.

Blue World Aquariums
04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
hey all,

i was thinking of adding a couple of these stunner strips (403nm UltraViolet & 453nm Blue) to supplement my 150W DE MH.

wondering if anyone has any experience with these?
are they strong enough to use as supplements?
will i notice any difference when the halide is on?

thanks for any input.
You're not going to notice much of a difference. The blues are nice for moonlights but that's about it. For supplementation you'd be better off with a Vertex Illumilux (http://www.blueworldaquariums.com/vertex_illumilux_modular_led_strips.php) strip or similar.

mattdean
04-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Check out the Reefbrite LED's. They are quite nice for the money. Too bad you are in BC. I'm doing a group buy in the GTA on them right now.

OceanAquatics
04-14-2011, 04:52 PM
We have three on the five foot tank at the store and yes they can be used for supplementation.

Come have a look.

Ocean Aquatics

Chowder
04-14-2011, 06:40 PM
I run two ecoxtic panarama strips for supplement lights over my 5 foot tank at home. They work very well. A little more expensive then the stunners. Believe around $110 each. The stunners are around $58 plus you wold have to buy a power supply. That is included in the panaramas also they are bigger and more powerfull. If you are still running the 40 breeder you would probably only need one. They also have them at Ocean Aquatics. Worth a look see...

Chris

Jason McK
04-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I replaced 8 T5 with 2 of the panarama strips and loved the look. It reminded me of the VHO actinics I used to run. Sweet lights
I picked them up at OA

J

smokinreefer
04-14-2011, 11:44 PM
thanks for all the input!
looks like when i get a chance i'll have to track down a panarama strip.
sounds like thats the way to go for actinics.