PDA

View Full Version : Odd occurance with Bubble Tip Anemone...any thoughts?

newreefer_59
04-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Was time for the weekly feeding (raw shrimp) of my Bubble Tip Anemone. The first sign was that he grabbed onto the meat, then slowly let it drift off so I knew something was up. He did not look great. An hour or so later, he seemed to be emitting 'clouds' of dusty looking somethingorother. The lights went out around 10pm and he was getting smaller and wimpier by the second while the percula clown was trying to hang onto what was left. I shone a flashlight in several times and the entire tank was pitch black. I figured he was a goner. Anyway, I checked this morning and he looks fine and the tank appears fine too. Any idea what that was?

sgreen
04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Check Out Fishoholic's post "WTH anemone fine then almost dead or is it about to split????? "

mike31154
04-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Mine usually emit a stringy goo a few days after being fed, but this 'dusty cloud' you're referring to is a bit unusual. Wonder if it was some sort of spawn?

dsaundry
04-12-2011, 06:13 PM
He might have been pooping

asylumdown
04-12-2011, 11:50 PM
mine withers away to almost nothing for a few hours every few days if I'm feeding it regularly. It will look 8 seconds from death and then a few hours later... happy as can be.

Not sure if that's what yours is doing, but I'm pretty sure mine does that so that it can expel waste without it's tentacles catching what it's trying to expel. I think they also like to evacuate all their water and re-inflate fresh every so often.