PDA

View Full Version : Green Bird Wrasse for sale

Reef Pilot
04-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Beautiful large male Green Bird Wrasse for sale, about 6 or 7 inches long, $50.

Been trying to catch him for 2 months now in my display tank. Finally tricked him into swimming into a large net after food. He is now in my 30 gal refugium where he will be easy to catch for a buyer.

Warning: He is a voracious eater, and will not be compatible with any small shrimp, maybe not even a larger one. He might even be able to ferret out a mantis shrimp. Don't know, but was not able to keep any shrimp in my tank for more than about 30 seconds with him. I am sure crabs would not fare well either. Does not bother any other fish, even smaller ones. Snails are OK, too. Don't know about clams, I don't have any.

He is a very friendly fish, and likes to follow people around the tank, begging for food. He likes to take a position, where he can always watch you in the room, and as soon as you move, he is up swimming and hoping you will feed him.

Not the best pic, but this is what he looks like in his new quarters as of 10 minutes ago.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/503/medium/Green_Bird_Wrasse.jpg

Reef Pilot
04-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Bump. Still for sale.

Reef Pilot
04-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Bump again. If no takers, this male Green Bird Wrasse will be going back into my display tank after this weekend.

He is indeed a beautiful, colourful fish, with loads of character, and totally peaceful with all his fish tank mates (but not with shrimp or crabs, he eats them). Right now he is in my refugiumin with a Copperband, and the Copperband is not afraid of him at all, and feeds along side with him at the surface when I give them dry food.

Reef Pilot
04-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Bump, one last time. He is going back into the display tank after this weekend, if no takers.

fishoholic
04-17-2011, 06:06 PM
such a cool wrasse, would be temped if you were closer.

Reef Pilot
04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, have real mixed feelings about letting him go, and won't feel bad if he stays.

I have a bad Aiptasia problem in my display tank, and was going to try some Peppermint Shrimp, so that was the only reason for wanting to sell him. And my Copperband is not doing the job with the Aiptasia.

Unfortunately, I don't have another large tank that would be suitable to move him to.

fishoholic
04-17-2011, 06:43 PM
You can try a matted filefish to eat aptasia, mine took about 2 weeks to start to eat the aptasia but cleared it all out fairly quickly after that. Only downside was he started picking on my acans and frogspawn :twised: Although he left my zoas and sps alone.

Reef Pilot
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I have a lot of coral in there, including frogspawn, so would not want to take a chance on the Filefish.