PDA

View Full Version : LF: Live Sand

Timbits
04-11-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm starting a new tank and I need around 40-50lbs of live sand. Prefer to get black sand but lemme kno what you have! Thanks! Much appreciated :mrgreen:

Madreefer
04-11-2011, 01:54 AM
IMHO there is no such thing as buying live sand. There is no possible way that the so called "live sand" can be actually alive. Nobody knows how long it has been in the bag for and what that bag has been subjected to. Just go buy the right amount of sand you think you need for your setup and get a cup or two from a fellow reefers tank to help seed the sand you choose.

tang daddy
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
IMHO there is no such thing as buying live sand. There is no possible way that the so called "live sand" can be actually alive. Nobody knows how long it has been in the bag for and what that bag has been subjected to. Just go buy the right amount of sand you think you need for your setup and get a cup or two from a fellow reefers tank to help seed the sand you choose.

you're speaking of store bought live sand in a bag which is true...probablly not very lively especially if its been sitting for over a year.

However I think what timbits wants is sand from an established reef which will have all sorts of worms and critters in it!

I have a bunch of sand from my dsmb in my sump, its not black but, LIVE.

pm me if interested!