PDA

View Full Version : Colt Coral trimming

balistidae
04-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I have a colt coral that is spreading and needs to be tamed.

I am just wondering if it is safe to cut it out right in the tank. I would really like to avoid
dismantling any of the rock to get this stuff out.

I am running a big bag of carbon, is this enough??

Thank you!!

trilinearmipmap
04-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I always used to trim my Colt coral in the tank with no problem using sharp scissors.

The other thing you can do it take a frag plug and zip tie it onto one of the branches of the colt coral near the base. In a week or so it will be attached on to the frag plug, then you can cut the stalk at the base and you will have a colt coral frag attached to a plug.

toytech
04-09-2011, 11:56 PM
I just reach into my tank a tear the stuff out . My large colt dropped about 20 babies lately that have taken off everywhere in my tank . As long as your running carbon it should be OK .

balistidae
04-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Thats about what I thought, Thanks guys

paddyob
04-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I just reach into my tank a tear the stuff out . My large colt dropped about 20 babies lately that have taken off everywhere in my tank . As long as your running carbon it should be OK .

Sure its colt.... and not kenya?

Colt does not usually got nuts like that. Kenya does, and they look so similar most people have no idea.

Just curious.

Drop rubble on them... you will somebody who wants pieces.

toytech
04-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Its hard to tell ive seen pictures of both that look exactly like mine . I have about a dozen good size colt/kenya tree right now if i saved all the fraggs i would have about 40 and not much room for anything else.

paddyob
04-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Pic?

toytech
04-11-2011, 12:59 AM
heres a pic of what was a small one 2 months ago

balistidae
04-11-2011, 01:40 AM
thats exactly the same stuff Ive got. Grows and spreads so fast