PDA

View Full Version : Ricordia Fragging

martinmcnally
04-08-2011, 11:07 PM
I never knew ricrodias would frag so easy so I thought I would share. I got a small green ricrodia the other day not attached to anything. I didnt have any glue so I used an elastic to secure it to a plug.

Well I guess it really doesnt like that elastic so it pulled its self apart and now I have 2 haha. I am supprised because its a really small young ricorida.

http://applications.ccusa.com/martin/split.jpg

Wayne
04-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Hum interesting, I didn't know you could do that :lol: I have a few mushrooms I want to try that on.

Oh and glue won't stick to the mushroom.

ScubaSteve
04-08-2011, 11:28 PM
You can frag most softies like this. I've tied strings around them before. Seems to be less traumatic than cutting them in half, so they tend to fill back in faster.

toytech
04-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Ive been fragging my Ric's allot , once they get to dime size i cut them into 4 , or i slice a corner of of the ones already stuck to rocks .No matter how small the pieces are they all grow .

Navarchus
04-09-2011, 12:06 AM
If you look you can see that they have like small mouth in it, actually sometimes it has more than one. If you have one with multiple mouths it will probably split! If you don’t have the patience you can cut it just make sure that each cut will have a mouth.

Regarding the situation in the picture above.....the rubber band was just too tight for it.

Wayne
04-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Do you have to cut them through the mouth when fraggin?

paddyob
04-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Do you have to cut them through the mouth when fraggin?

I don't believe a mouth it necessary.

I have heard the same about mushrooms.... any size piece will grow. ANY size.

toytech
04-10-2011, 12:02 AM
the mouths will grow when the get to be about the size of a dime . My frags usually dont have mouths because i cut sections off the side of my Ric's . No matter how I seem to cut them they all grow . I have a small tray full of rubble under my small frag rack and i put the pieces in there so they don't blow away .

Wayne
04-10-2011, 01:25 AM
I don't believe a mouth it necessary.

I have heard the same about mushrooms.... any size piece will grow. ANY size.

Hum I have a project for tomarrow then :twised:

toytech
04-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Fragging is my new favorite thing . Probably puts me in the serial killer risk bin , enjoying cutting up animals and all , but i dont care.