PDA

View Full Version : Coral Frenzy or Reef Roids?

newreefer_59
04-08-2011, 07:32 PM
I have been using Coral Frenzy for well over a year now and corals seem healthy with no issues from using it (half LPS and half SPS)

LFS is carrying Reef Roids and claim it is superior. Any comment on this?

Stay the course on CF or try RR? I usually feed the coral twice weekly.

RedCoralOnlineStore
04-08-2011, 08:28 PM
For acans, brains, and similar Lps as well as zoas, try Acan Plus! ;)

Snufflupagus
04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
The only difference I find between the two is Reef Roids is a finer powder and doesn't drop in the tank as nice as CF. Other than that, I find them to be very similar. I've never had a problem with either and find that I use which ever one the LF store has in stock when I need more.

Matman
04-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I've used reefroids for a while. I don't use it anymore, coral don't react that well to it compared to fauna marin products or Acan plus. It makes a big cloud of foods in the water, not great if you want to target feed. There's only the bristleworms that seems to really like it hehe.

lockrookie
04-08-2011, 11:53 PM
i personally couldnt decide either so i mixed the two together problem solved

fencer
04-09-2011, 12:46 AM
riods look to uniform

viperfish
04-09-2011, 06:15 PM
I've tried both and had the same result. I just use it as a little treat every now and again. If the tank has enough livestock and is well fed, there is no need to feed anything extra at all. IMO a lot of these extra supplements are a waste of money. I've completely gotten away from dosing Zeo (after spending a ton of money thinking it's the only way to successfully keep SPS healthy) and target feeding coral with all the miracle "junk" out there and let the system balance itself. I feed my fish healthy food, dose two part, and my tank has never been better.