PDA

View Full Version : Avast swabbie

BlueTang<3
04-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I was looking at getting a self cleaning head for my skimmer, seen one of these last night and was wondering if the are any good. Avast swabbie along with a Davy Jones' Skimmate Locker.

I was thinking on getting both as i have been super busy with work lately and i have not had any time to clean the skimmer and just thought this would be a little easier. Any one using one or hear reviews on them?

Howdy
04-07-2011, 11:20 PM
I was looking at getting a self cleaning head for my skimmer, seen one of these last night and was wondering if the are any good. Avast swabbie along with a Davy Jones' Skimmate Locker.

I was thinking on getting both as i have been super busy with work lately and i have not had any time to clean the skimmer and just thought this would be a little easier. Any one using one or hear reviews on them?

http://www.glassreef.com/review_swabbie.php

This guy has an awesome set up on Reef Central. Hope this helps.

cale262
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I've considered getting one myself, there are lots of good reviews over on RC...

BlueTang<3
04-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Let me know Brain I am probably making an order u can throw your stuff on as well and save the shipping.

abcha0s
04-08-2011, 12:42 AM
I want one of these as well. Not sure we can share shipping though. I don't think we are close enough. Any chance of group order.

christyf5
04-08-2011, 12:51 AM
LOL, I heard "arrgh matey" as I read the title of this thread :razz:

A neat idea for sure and the carbon lid thingy that reduces the wonderful skimmate aroma. These guys have come out with some pretty innovative ideas. Not that they're the first to come up with it but they've sure made them more easily accessible to those that are DIY challenged :wink:

phi delt reefer
04-08-2011, 12:59 AM
i am down to order a couple items if we get stuff from Avast.

auto top off unit
their mini media reactor
probe holder

Mrfish55
04-08-2011, 01:41 AM
I have one on my PM bullet 2, works great and I saw improved skimmer performance with the cleaner neck, Avast was great to deal with as well, great customer service.

freezetyle
04-08-2011, 01:57 AM
I have one on a bk mini 160. It will ruin you for keeping up maintenance (cleaning skimmer neck) if you ever run a skimmer without one.

So i would say 100% worth it.

cale262
04-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Let me know Brain I am probably making an order u can throw your stuff on as well and save the shipping.

Yeah, I'd be down for that,...

I'd need a 7" (BK M180) Swabbie and a med. DJ locker.