PDA

View Full Version : My 75g (attempt at full tank shot)

Delphinus
01-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Been playing around with building a panorama of the 75g. My camera sucks for tank shots. Can't complain given it's a digital camera from around 1997 or so I suppose. One day ... one day I'll get a new one..

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/508/9275g-panorama_2_-med.jpg

Bob I
01-10-2004, 07:43 PM
That shot is no worse than what I get with a one year old camera, so I think it is great. :rolleyes:

sumpfinfishe
01-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Looks great Tony! :cool:

Although I think you could frag back your cap a little :mrgreen:

Bob I
01-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Looks great Tony! :cool:

Although I think you could frag back your cap a little :mrgreen:

That's what I said last time I was over there, but I did get a nice frag of those zoanthids in the foreground. :biggrin: :biggrin:

christyf5
01-10-2004, 07:54 PM
WOW Tony your tank looks fantastic! :eek: I can't believe the size of that cap :cool: I'm in line for a frag :wink:

AJ_77
01-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Awesome Tony, good job!! :eek: Your tank is lookin' real good... yum!

That cap is just perfect the way it is. :biggrin:

StirCrazy
01-10-2004, 08:23 PM
nice shot you even got the white ballance corect :mrgreen:

Steve

Jack
01-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Looks great.

Can you give the setup details?

EmilyB
01-11-2004, 02:35 AM
Do you breed powerheads? :razz: :mrgreen:

Looks super, been too long since we've got down there. :cool:

Quinn
01-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Tony looks great. You've been doing some gardening since I was last over eh. Do you still need to get rid of some SPS frags? Is that your monster turbo snail I see in the bottom right?

UnderWorldAquatics
01-11-2004, 02:42 AM
beautiful tank tony!

Delphinus
01-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Thanks guys!

Quinn, yup, wish I could find more homes for the frags because the corals have completely intertwined into each other. It looks kinda cool but it makes for a real challenge keeping the flow at adequate rates. (Hence the 10 or so powerheads! No doubt Deb the tank has got a lot of PH's in there. I wish I didn't need it because it looks ridiculous but even with all of them there are some serious "flow shadow" areas that could use a bit more flow.)

Oh and yeah that is one of the apple-sized turbos in the right-hand lower corner. I have about 3 or 4 turbos that are about 4 or 5 years old and man they are friggin'-huge!

Jack, the tank is a 75g (48x18x20). Lighting is 2x250 Iwasaki and 2x110W O3. Have both a calcium reactor and a kalk stirrer (the kalk stirrer is T'd off and feeds topup for both this tank and my other tank, a 72g home for a ritteri). I haven't measured calcium in ages but the alkalinity I try to keep at 4.0 meq/l. The calcium and kalk reactors handle that target without breaking a sweat. pH runs from about 8.2-8.3 during day and down to 8.0-8.1 at night. Before the kalk stirrer the pH went from about 8.2 daytime to about 7.8-7.9 nighttime. Hmmm what details have I missed here... Sump return is a LG4, I use a mag18 to feed a PM bullet-1 skimmer. Any questions just ask away and I'll do my best to answer. Oh yeah it's home to a Zebrasoma desjardini (whom you can just see peeking out of his cave in the centre there), a sixline wrasse, a female banggai cardinal, a lawnmower blenny, and three maurauding cleaner shrimp. Amazing that hardly anyone showed up for the class photo (I sent a memo but they must have ignored me as usual).

Christy you're more than welcome to have as much of that cap as you want. :mrgreen: If you're ever out this way again look me up and I'll send ya home with lots-o-goodies :cool:

I am not looking forward to tearing this tank down and moving it in a couple of months ... OTOH maybe since all the SPS have grown into each other, the whole reef can just come out in one piece and get shoehorned back in after being transplanted. (Yeah, right!!! ... LOL)

Anyways thanks for the comments ... you wouldn't believe how many tries it took just to get this one picture together. I wish I had the talent for picture-taking that all you guys have.

Canadian Man
01-11-2004, 06:20 AM
:lol: I like your idea Tony of just picking up the reef in one piece and moving it! :cool:

StirCrazy
01-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Anyways thanks for the comments ... you wouldn't believe how many tries it took just to get this one picture together. I wish I had the talent for picture-taking that all you guys have.

that tallent you speak of is exactly what you did.. take 400 pics only keep 2 :mrgreen: thats why digital cameras are so good :biggrin:

Steve

Jack
01-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the info Tony. Simple setup!

Beautiful tank! :mrgreen:

Quinn
01-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Tony perhaps when I am up next Sunday I could drop by and get some frags from you then?

Delphinus
01-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Absolutely! :biggrin: Drop me a PM or call me or whatever when you're in town and let's hook up.

Stretch
01-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Tony

Could I possible get some frags from you as well? I'll be in calgary on saturday ( buying that 33g tank from deb)

EmilyB
01-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I'll be in calgary on saturday ( buying that 33g tank from deb)

I sold it Stretch, I thought I had posted that.....I'm sure glad you said something..... :neutral:

But you can still come see my tanks and I can maybe give you something to make it up to you... :biggrin:

Stretch
01-11-2004, 11:59 PM
oh well, i really didn't need it. It would have been nice to have though for a seahorse tank or something. I would be nice to see your tank in person too. Maybe i'll find something nice in calgary for my birthday. I'll let you know later if i will come down.

Delphinus
01-12-2004, 05:23 AM
Anytime Stretch. Just drop me a PM just before you come to town and we'll arrange a visit.

BCOrchidGuy
01-13-2004, 02:41 AM
I took 55 pics one night and got two adequate ones... thank goodness I didn't have to pay for developing film.

Tony, awesome tank, really really nice.

Doug