PDA

View Full Version : AUTO TESTERS??

cathyg_99
04-04-2011, 01:46 AM
has anyone used the auto testers like the hanna for alk and ph? how accurate are they and would you recommend one?

abcha0s
04-04-2011, 02:35 AM
has anyone used the auto testers like the hanna for alk and ph? how accurate are they and would you recommend one?

They are awesome! How accurate are any test kits really? Consider the margin of error when reading color charts. Tests are useful for detecting a change from a previous value. if your tank is happy and healthy, it doesn't really matter what your baseline is.

Having said that, they are very accurate.

I love the Hanna test kits.

- Brad

cathyg_99
04-04-2011, 02:42 AM
They are awesome! How accurate are any test kits really? Consider the margin of error when reading color charts. Tests are useful for detecting a change from a previous value. if your tank is happy and healthy, it doesn't really matter what your baseline is.

Having said that, they are very accurate.

I love the Hanna test kits.

- Brad

are they a pain in the ass or easier than a test kit...

abcha0s
04-04-2011, 02:44 AM
are they a pain in the ass or easier than a test kit...

Way way easier. They are simple to use. The only problem is that it's not a complete line of tests so you can't throw out all of your old test kits yet.

- Brad

cathyg_99
04-04-2011, 02:48 AM
Way way easier. They are simple to use. The only problem is that it's not a complete line of tests so you can't throw out all of your old test kits yet.

- Brad

hmm maybe ill get it as a bday gift if they are that great... my fiance would kill me if i bought them now, the tank was supposed to be cycling till after summer but its stocked :mrgreen:

mark
04-04-2011, 02:49 AM
have the Hanna Phosphate tester, easy enough to use but wouldn't say easier than a say a Salifert Ca or Alk test kit