PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angel with Coral Beauty?

mark
04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Already have the Coral Beauty, wondering if added Flame Angel the two would get along?

Tank's a 145g, other fish; Purple and Regal Tangs, 6 Line, chromis, clowns and a Lawnmower Blenny

Dez
04-03-2011, 08:10 PM
It worked for me. They've been in the same 150 gallon tank for over a year.

AquaticFinatic
04-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Do a search and you should find your answer. I asked this question a while back and got some good answers. Hope this helps.

Kmarrs
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
I didn't think you were able to mix dwarf angels at all or the would fight.. Hmmm interesting.

Skimmerking
04-03-2011, 08:41 PM
i had great results, first in my 75 gal sumpless a flame and a coral B
and again in the 170 gal this time I had a BI color , Flame and a Coral B and it was great

mark
04-03-2011, 09:12 PM
excellent.

When the wife likes something for the tank, have to take advantage of it.

Duffer2
04-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I have both in my 120 and they seem very chilled out.

mark
06-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Well picked up a Flame Angel on Friday.

He's out and about, little bit of harassment by the Coral Beauty. Guess the FA being about a inch shorter isn't helping but things do appear to be settling down.

globaldesigns
06-27-2011, 10:03 PM
I have a Flame with a Potter's....

The problem is that your Coral Beauty might show aggression with the flame. If the flame can survive, they should be ok together after a few days. It would of been best to add both at the same time, but you will take your chances now.

Good Luck!!!

rstar
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I have a bi-color and a rusty in my 40 and they get along great!

mark
06-29-2011, 12:46 AM
so come home today can't see the Flame. Finally can get little glimpses of him deep in the rock work and looks like one eye is swollen. Fed the tank and he's still not coming out.

Could fighting cause something like pop-eye?

ponokareefer
07-06-2011, 03:55 PM
The fight probably resulted in the flame angel running into a rock. How is it doing?

fishytime
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Pop-eye is a disease that usually affects both eyes..... If it's just one eye then chances are, that it is just scratched, like PR said....

mark
07-06-2011, 04:35 PM
FA is still hiding but the eye (only problem with one) is still swollen but appears going down.

fishoholic
07-06-2011, 08:56 PM
FA is still hiding but the eye (only problem with one) is still swollen but appears going down.

My purple and PB tangs were picking on my mimic tang when I first got him, after a few days I noticed his one eye was swollen. After a few more days everyone settled down and the mimic's eye went back to normal.

mark
07-06-2011, 10:10 PM
My purple and PB tangs were picking on my mimic tang when I first got him, after a few days I noticed his one eye was swollen. After a few more days everyone settled down and the mimic's eye went back to normal.
good to know

silentcivilian
07-08-2011, 01:08 AM
I was also told when introducing like species that could have issues 2 thing you can do if you are able that kinda reset or calm things down.

Rework the rock work a bit then no one owns one spot and everyone is finding their space again.
Also, a 24 hours lights out period. Not sure of the advantage, but it worked for when I had a coral beauty and a rusty angel. They got along splendidly.

As for the hiding, the foxface I had did that with my tang for awhile until they realised that the tank is big enough for the both of them, and they are still both going to get fed. For awhile there was a battle, foxface would dive attack tang with its venom fins, and the tang would slash at him with his tail barb. But after awhile they realised it wasnt getting them anywhere and they got along just fine.

mark
07-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Flame is looking better, eye nearly healed. Not a tank cruiser but then neither is the Coral Beauty and he's had a year plus to adjust to the tank.