PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap

spit.fire
04-03-2011, 07:13 PM
so the other day i rescued 2 snowflake eels out of the sump at our store (converting the saltwater setup to freshwater then setting up a proper saltwater setup)

1 of the eels when to my friend who works at the store and i took the other one home

both of them were pretty skinny and i cannot get mine to eat, he is laying on the bottom, still alive and im pretty sure he is just giving up.

is there any way to force feed him? could i use a syringe and force feed him bloodworms, mysis shrimp or something similiar? mashed up marine flakes?

ive tested my water for everything and its all good. Ive tried bloodworms, mysis shrimp (2 sizes), brine shrimp, flakes, and plankton

toytech
04-04-2011, 12:00 AM
You could try live food that would probably peak his interest , maybe mollies or those freshwater ghost shrimp .

spit.fire
04-04-2011, 02:53 AM
he is too small to eat live. But it was too late, i fed him with a syringe earlier because he wouldnt go for anything but he was too far gone already and moved on to a better place earlier today

reefwars
04-04-2011, 02:50 PM
snowflakes are usually little pigs with food and so once they stop eating its not a good sign and likely gonna die.

sorry for your loss...

toytech
04-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Thats sad , i hate it when stuff dies.