PDA

View Full Version : WANTED AIPTASIA

themastr
04-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Just putting it out there again. I started breeding Berghia Nudibranches and need aiptasia.
I have a copperband and berghias that eat about 30 in a day and can't keep up. Willing to trade Clean live rock for infested ones. I am really looking for rocks with millions and millions of Aiptasia. I started 3 tanks for aiptasia culture and hopefully will have them overrun with aiptasia soon.

Let me know what you have

thanks
erick

cathyg_99
04-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Just putting it out there again. I started breeding Berghia Nudibranches and need aiptasia.
I have a copperband and berghias that eat about 30 in a day and can't keep up. Willing to trade Clean live rock for infested ones. I am really looking for rocks with millions and millions of Aiptasia. I started 3 tanks for aiptasia culture and hopefully will have them overrun with aiptasia soon.

thanks
erick

try aquagiant...

MarkoD
04-03-2011, 08:07 PM
try aquagiant...

lol this made my day!

themastr
04-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Bump

Anyone?

thanks
erick

cathyg_99
04-05-2011, 03:51 PM
there was JaiWiz on the main tank forum his has reached plague conditions but im not to sure what hes finally done with the rock you could pm him

reefwars
04-05-2011, 04:05 PM

thanks
erick

erick boy you sure do love that aiptasia salad lol for anyone who interested erick is a great guy offering a stellar deal for clean rock in exchange for your old pested rock:):)

free bump:)

Transcend
04-06-2011, 03:09 PM
just wondering why u want a tank full of aiptasia, dont most ppl want to kill them off

cathyg_99
04-06-2011, 03:24 PM
just wondering why u want a tank full of aiptasia, dont most ppl want to kill them off

hes breeding Berghia Nudibranches and they eat apatasia,

i know its not a quick fix but have you tried agitating them so they multiply?

Transcend
04-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey Erick,

Berghia only eat aiptasia and nothing else, like anyother soft coral or sea anemones? what happens when all the aiptasia are gone, what u feed them?

thx

themastr
04-06-2011, 07:29 PM
They DIE and starve to death. I had a bunch and ran out of aiptasia so they all died. Cleaned out my tank full of aiptasia but it's a cycle. Hence I need more Aiptasia now. I started breeding them again but can't keep up with the demand. If you get about 20 or so they will eat atleast 20 or more aiptasia every other day. If not more. The key is to multiply them first then drop them in your tank as they get bigger. If you don't breed them then you will fail cause they are so small and will never see each other to breed and also the eggs will get eaten before they hatch.

It is a very slow process for killing aiptasia but I had 4 tanks 3 X 50 Gallons and 1 X 90 gallons infested with aiptasia but I cant find a single one now. That's why I need more to keep them alive.

I agitate kill, slice and kill and slice the aiptasia and they multiply but my problem is I cannot keep up with the demand. They eat so much. I need rocks full of them so I can start 3 or 4 more tanks full of aiptasia. Then maybe I can breed more.I only have 3 berghias right now and already running into a problem. Getting more soon.

thanks
erick

Transcend
04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
would i be able get a few on your next stock. i can see about 20 aiptasia in my tank right now.

thx

themastr
04-08-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure when they will hatch and how many but as soon as I have enough I will sell them.

Also I promised a guy that I will help him get rid of his aiptasia problems once I start breeding so he will be the first person to recieve the Berghias.

I will see how many i get not sure yet

thanks
erick

Flash
04-08-2011, 12:27 AM
erick, just start trading ur crested geckos!!!! lol i want more!!! lol

themastr
04-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Don't have much left for crested gecko. I wish, I will start breeding soon. Again

erick

Flash
04-08-2011, 12:51 AM
i am thinking you need to save me another baby!! please!!!

themastr
04-08-2011, 12:56 AM
For sure . I have a few left not much they are still small to get rid of but you will be first inline when they are ready to go.

you have aiptasia at work?

let me know

thanks
erick

Flash
04-08-2011, 01:00 AM
not sure.. but i'll take a look around! and bring me whatever gecko u want!! i"ll just pay you for it! lol

back on topic.... Erick is a wicked guy to deal with! free bump!!!

themastr
04-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Hey Guys

Really need Aiptasia's. no one has any? Come on I know you guys have them. LOL

Let me know

Thanks
Erick

ALang
04-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Knock on wood...none in my tank yet.
Hope you get some before you nudis starve, though.
Good luck.

RedCoralEdmonton
04-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Hey Erick, I have been letting the aptasia in the 300 gallon fish only display here multiply for you.....come in anytime.... there are millions now....hehehe

Steve

themastr
04-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Consider those Aiptasia SOLD. I will come get them when I get to Edmonton. You will be my first stop.

Thanks
erick

Bubbly
04-18-2011, 10:01 PM

thanks
erick
I highly recommend this book, "Breeding Berghia Nudibranches the best kept secret" by Dene Banger, it has just been released on Amazon.com
and here is a link to his website http://breedingberghia.com

themastr
04-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Thanks Bubbly

I am having really good success right now. First batch I've counted about 20 berghias already and should be ready in the next 2 weeks. Sorry all gone already. Then I should get them consistently. We will see. I did order the book too. hopefully they have a way to multiply Aiptasia. HAHAHA

thanks
erick

Bubbly
04-19-2011, 05:33 AM
Thanks Bubbly

I am having really good success right now. First batch I've counted about 20 berghias already and should be ready in the next 2 weeks. Sorry all gone already. Then I should get them consistently. We will see. I did order the book too. hopefully they have a way to multiply Aiptasia. HAHAHA

thanks
erick

You have 20 already!! This is exciting! Wait until you read the book and get set-up with the system he outlines....with the hobbyist level system you should be getting about 100-200 every 4-6 weeks consistently, with the next level of a system about 400-500 and with the commercial system 1000+. Do the math!!! At $10-$20 a pop!

There is also a whole chapter on propagating Aiptasia....how to set-up an Aiptasia system, how to get them to multiply like crazy and what to feed them.....imagine that! We are going to be Aiptasia breeders too!!!! Wait until you read it, "You are going to learn to love them,....and care for them,....." :lol:

I am so fortunate to have met him (and you)....

vks
04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I would like to get a Nudibranche off of you when they are ready.
let me know
thanks
Kathryn

themastr
05-23-2011, 05:54 AM
need more. Please :D

Let me know what you have.

Also I should have some Berghias ready next week or so.

thanks
erick