PDA

View Full Version : FF Hammer

marcingo
04-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Looking to get rid of my hammer coral. One large head. Reason its free is there is 3 aiptasia attached to its skeleton base near the bottom. Someone will need to kill them. I dont have time or knowledge and it seems my aptasia is only in that one area.

catshanon
04-03-2011, 06:14 PM
I will take it if its still available. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Raj

hound96
04-03-2011, 06:16 PM
previously pmd

toytech
04-04-2011, 12:23 AM
just super glue the bastards , poke at them until the go in there little holes and then lay it on them . If there really big mix up some epoxy putty and lay it over them , trust me its satisfying and fun , especially if they've been bothering your corals .

smokinreefer
04-04-2011, 06:34 AM
I dont have time or knowledge and it seems my aptasia is only in that one area.

dude, just pull it out of the tank and scrub them off with a toothbrush or somethin.

paddyob
04-04-2011, 01:50 PM
just super glue the bastards , poke at them until the go in there little holes and then lay it on them . If there really big mix up some epoxy putty and lay it over them , trust me its satisfying and fun , especially if they've been bothering your corals .

I would avoid this advice.

Aptasia go into preservation mode when irritated and release "spores" into the water. This can actually make the issue worse.

Best to treat them properly or risk causing an even bigger out break.

I think if you do not have time/confidence to treat them, removal is the smart choice.

However, if you have aptasia on one coral, there are more hiding somewhere. Good luck.

marcingo
04-04-2011, 06:23 PM
PM answered. Pending.

Thanks for the advice. I definately have a few more in my tank that I will need to treat. Didnt really want to keep the hammer anyway.

toytech
04-04-2011, 09:19 PM
They cant relase spores if you glue them into oblivion , it seals in the apstasia and the spores .

marcingo
04-06-2011, 06:11 PM
gone.