PDA

View Full Version : Xm Bulbs

Nemain
01-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Anyone know who may carry 10k and 20k XM bulbs? I really like the look of these suckers, but havent been able to find them in Canada (may have to pick them up when I am in hawaii!)

Thanx again =)

Beth

Stretch
01-09-2004, 09:46 PM
You can only buy them in the states.
Only way to get them here would be too have someone in the states buy them then reship to here.

Samw
01-09-2004, 10:33 PM
You can only buy them in the states.
Only way to get them here would be too have someone in the states buy them then reship to here.

You don't need to get someone to buy it and ship it to you. Many stores will ship directly to you using US Postal Service. Premium Aquatics is one. Ocean Encounter is another.

One might want to do a search on XM bulbs shattering or breaking while in use on RC though.

Stretch
01-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Thats new then last i heard no one would bother shiping to canada.

Samw
01-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Not really new. There's no reason why they can't ship to Canada. The only place that I know doesn't ship to Canada is HelloLights. There might be a few others but most places will ship dry goods to Canada.

What most stores in the US can't ship to Canada though, are animals on the CITES list like corals and many places don't want to fish and other livegoods either.

StirCrazy
01-10-2004, 02:27 AM
Not really new. There's no reason why they can't ship to Canada.

If the bulbs are being repackaged and sold under a different name in Canada then there will be a non compitition agreement that the bulbs labeled as XM cannot be sold in Canada or to a Canadian address.

as this is happening I think that maybe XM bulbs are here under a different name.

Steve

Samw
01-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Steve, is this just your guess or is there a reference to this somewhere. Thanks.

StirCrazy
01-10-2004, 03:37 AM
which part?

I am guessing that there is a bulb in canada that might be a renamed XM but as for the other non compatition agreements are commen.. look at southdown and cairbsea

Steve

Samw
01-10-2004, 03:40 AM
which part?

The part where a store like Premium Aquatics won't ship XM bulbs to a Canadian city and the part where XM is relabelled as another bulb. I would like to know where this info came from. So far, I haven't read that they won't ship XMs to Canada. Thanks.

StirCrazy
01-10-2004, 03:44 AM
I never said they won't some one else did I was mearly offering a explanation of why they might not.

Steve

Samw
01-10-2004, 03:45 AM
I never said they won't some one else did I was mearly offering a explanation of why they might not.

Steve

OK, no problem. I thought you knew something because of the quote:

as this is happening

StirCrazy
01-10-2004, 03:49 AM
ahh ok that was refuring to other products.

Steve

Delphinus
01-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Has someone actually tried ordering a XM bulb and was told they couldn't have it shipped to a Canadian address? From a place other than HelloLights that is ... don't bother asking HelloLights because they for sure don't ship to Canadian addresses but other places (e.g. premiumaquatics) would still.

whaase
01-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Has someone actually tried ordering a XM bulb and was told they couldn't have it shipped to a Canadian address? From a place other than HelloLights that is ... don't bother asking HelloLights because they for sure don't ship to Canadian addresses but other places (e.g. premiumaquatics) would still.

Premiumaquatics will for sure.

Walter

Delphinus
01-14-2004, 02:11 AM
Yep, I know (I buy from them sometimes, highly recommend them in fact). :cool:

But I'm curious as to if someone has tried ordering the "XM" bulbs (from some place other than HelloLights) and was specifically told they couldn't get them. I'm betting it's only HelloLights that wouldn't sell them. Just my hunch though! :mrgreen:

Samw
09-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Bump. Anyone tried to order an XM bulb and wasn't able to have it shipped to Canada? Anyone tried to order an XM bulb and received it without a problem? How is the bulb? I see more stores selling them now so I'm assuming they've improved the design and they aren't shattering while in use anymore.

EmilyB
09-12-2004, 08:48 PM
What does Premium Aquatics say?

FWIW, I had to return an XM bulb to them recently. It just died after a months use. They said they had lots of problems with the bulbs. (Mine was 175w, not sure about the other wattages).

They also come highly recommended by myself. :mrgreen: You can get most everything from them that you can't get in Canada and they will send it via post, unlike Marine Depot.

Bob I
09-14-2004, 03:48 AM
Premiumaquatics will most certainly ship XM bulbs to Canada. When I ordered bulbs Jason mentioned that the quality of XM bulbs was not great. I myself ordered Aqualine 13000K bulbs from them, and am very happy. :biggrin:

Rick_B
09-14-2004, 09:37 PM
I recently got a 250W 20K XM bulb from AI. No problems so far but I haven't had it long either.

Rick