PDA

View Full Version : Cooler / Heater Combo? Is it out there?

Harpo
04-02-2011, 02:21 AM
Hi There,

Just started reading about Coolers and was just wondering if anybody had any recomendations on a good one?

Also, Is there a 2 in 1 heater/cooler unit available?

I am looking for something cost efficient and quiet!

Thanks for any suggestions/comments fellow Reefers! :biggrin:

intarsiabox
04-02-2011, 02:52 AM
What kind of tank temperatures are you getting that you think you need to add a chiller? Keep in mind that a chiller takes heat out of the water but puts it into your house which can be very uncomfortable in the summer.

Harpo
04-02-2011, 03:40 AM
What kind of tank temperatures are you getting that you think you need to add a chiller? Keep in mind that a chiller takes heat out of the water but puts it into your house which can be very uncomfortable in the summer.

Lol! My temp. is ok...goes up a little in the summer but I adjust the heater accordingly. I was reading up on them and everyone was raving about them...they forgot to mention the extra heat output from the Cooler itself.

Thanks for the heads up! .... And this is why I love this site!

Have a great weekend!

pyke
04-02-2011, 03:44 AM
I have a chiller heater combo that I am selling, They are called a SeaLine Platinum Series. They are very nice chillers and are extremely precise.

They are quiet as far as a chiller goes but you really do need the chiller in a fish room. They sound like a fridge when they kick on, so they can be a little loud if you are watching TV or such in the same room.

PM me if your interested, Mine is a 1HP

Harpo
04-02-2011, 06:39 AM
I have a chiller heater combo that I am selling, They are called a SeaLine Platinum Series. They are very nice chillers and are extremely precise.

They are quiet as far as a chiller goes but you really do need the chiller in a fish room. They sound like a fridge when they kick on, so they can be a little loud if you are watching TV or such in the same room.

PM me if your interested, Mine is a 1HP

Sweet! Thank you for the info! I am currently moving/buying a house...and not too sure yet but I am looking for a fish room...lol....More of a must. I will keep this email and when it comes time, If you still have it I may look at purchasing it. What size of tank can the 1 hp work up to?

pyke
04-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Sweet! Thank you for the info! I am currently moving/buying a house...and not too sure yet but I am looking for a fish room...lol....More of a must. I will keep this email and when it comes time, If you still have it I may look at purchasing it. What size of tank can the 1 hp work up to?

It good up to 400 gallons