PDA

View Full Version : Your Least Favourite Fish And Why

Madreefer
04-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Mine would have to be my sailfin Blenny at the moment. He has a favourite rock with alot of holes in it. This rock would make an awesome zoa garden. He keeps taking out my plugs and carrying them across the tank. I've even tried to plug the holes with good sized rocks that are fairly heavy and he still does it. When I try to put my zoas back he bites me. If I could catch him and give away I would. My zoas are way more valuable than his ugly mug.

ScubaSteve
04-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Maroon goldstripe clownfish. Total *******s. Had one the bit on to me so hard I was able to lift it out of the water.

Lance
04-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Dead heat between Mama Fire Clown who tears pieces of flesh off my hands and arms if I get within two feet of her nem; and the Coral Beauty who likes to bully some of the smaller fishes and occasionally picks at my Brain Corals.

Rogue951
04-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Blue allens damsel. Great except that he likes to dig tunnels and push sand EVERYWHERE. all over my corals.

Wayne
04-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Not quite a fish but my Cleaner shrimp was the biggest PITA. Crawling over corals and making the reef very unhappy... When he died... I bought another one because my wife likes them :noidea:

Aquattro
04-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Wrasses that sleep in the sand, although I'm not sure how they sleep in the sand when all the sand is floating in the tank....stoopid fish..

Maverick00
04-02-2011, 02:51 AM
sleeper banded goby, tunnel digger and sand storm maker

Snappy
04-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Dragon goby ---- dropping sand all over the corals. I had one several years ago but it didn't stay in the tank very long.:twised:

Snappy
04-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Wrasses that sleep in the sand, although I'm not sure how they sleep in the sand when all the sand is floating in the tank....stoopid fish..

I love my wrasses, try the Caribe arragonite "sea floor" special grade of sand and you should no longer have an issue.:wink: Suger sand would be a nightmare.

Aquattro
04-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Suger sand would be a nightmare.

Ya, well, as an afterthought, maybe it wasn't the best choice :) Seriously tho, the wrasses are cool, just tough getting used to the hazy look all the time.

tony_3a
04-02-2011, 05:02 AM
I bought my koran when I was told it was a emperor and its the biggest jerk in the tank. Attacks anything that comes near it most of the time, I want him out. I just need a fish trap, taking down my tank rocks would be a nightmare.

riceboy
04-02-2011, 05:19 AM
My least favourite is either my blue chromis or the yellow tail damsel, friggen mean little buggers attack anything in the tank

ensquire
04-02-2011, 05:38 AM
Any damsel period, bought a Regal Tang on my trip south and had to remove my rock work twice to get rid of the damsels that almost killed it.

Haloreef
04-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Has to be my fricken 6 line wrasse. Killed two candy basselets and now my mystery wrasse after it escaped my overflow! Man I hate that fish!
Did I say I hate that fish?

ensquire
04-02-2011, 06:16 AM
I think he hates that fish

paddyob
04-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Six line.

I hate him. But I LOVE him so much. Killed a Fairy Wrasse.. chased the others around. The little bugger finally met his match with my big male Lyretail Anthias. He really keeps the six line in check. :twised:

eli@fijireefrock.com
04-02-2011, 08:30 AM
My cinamon clown only attacks me.
Every time my hand is in the tank near his layer here come the little nipper,and very sudden nips don't even see it coming.

MMAX
04-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Dragon goby. Great as a sand sifter--if he would only stay on the bottom and do it. He'd take a mouthful of sand , swim to mid tank and let fly. He passed away a couple of months ago and will not be replaced.

fishytime
04-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Purple firefish.......added it to the tank and within hours my blue spot jawfish disappeared never to be seen again.................then the firefish died........f-in fish.....

fishoholic
04-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Orange shoulder tang. I don't like the look of them to begin with and my ex added one to the tank and it had marine velvet which ended up killing most of my fish :evil:

Reef Pilot
04-02-2011, 01:53 PM
My cinamon clown only attacks me.
Every time my hand is in the tank near his layer here come the little nipper,and very sudden nips don't even see it coming.
I have one, too, and he looks like a little bulldog. He has a big toadstool coral that he looks after, but he doesn't just chase other fish away, he bites them. My 7 inch Green Bird Wrasse, who likes to cruise around, loses a loses a scale or two regularly, when he doesn't get out of the way fast enough.

Fortunately, most of my other fish steer well clear of the Cinnamon Clown. He just has to look at them, and they take off. And of course he attacks me when I put my hand in the tank, as well as the mag glass cleaner. I can't believe he doesn't hurt himself the way he whacks that thing.

He is a nice looking fish, just wish he wasn't so vicious.

strickrick
04-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Freshwater!!! Not really fair to say on a reef forum is it?

I'll go with another killer - my cleaner wrasse killed my hawaiian cleaner wrasse that i was trying to get for nearly two years within days. He also took himself out in the quarrellings so I had to get a pair of much preferred neon gobies.

Douglas
04-02-2011, 02:30 PM
yellow tailed damsel.......mean little bugger, never again, now matter how pretty the wife thinks it is.