PDA

View Full Version : carnation coral and pulsing xenia

cathyg_99
04-01-2011, 04:22 AM
just letting everyone know that marine aquaria on the south side has an amazing carnation coral purple and pink about 2 inch wide 4 inch tall

and blue world has amazing pulsing xenia right now

paddyob
04-01-2011, 05:50 AM
and blue world has amazing pulsing xenia right now

This is the first time I have seen someone use "AMAZING" and "XENIA" in the same thread!

LOL!
:mrgreen:

MarkoD
04-01-2011, 12:44 PM
im never going to marine aquaria again. the guy there made me feel stupid for wanting a male blonde naso tang

paddyob
04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
im never going to marine aquaria again. the guy there made me feel stupid for wanting a male blonde naso tang

I have had similar experiences there. Perhaps try the vendor rating forum on this site. You can rate their service and leave comments.

Maybe it is possible they do not realize how their "advice" can come across and nobody has yet to bring it up.

cathyg_99
04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I have had similar experiences there. Perhaps try the vendor rating forum on this site. You can rate their service and leave comments.

Maybe it is possible they do not realize how their "advice" can come across and nobody has yet to bring it up.

I do agree there a holes but I have read a few posts a while back of people looking for carnation coral and for $60 it's a huge piece

cathyg_99
04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
This is the first time I have seen someone use "AMAZING" and "XENIA" in the same thread!

LOL!
:mrgreen:

Haha I think it's cute

Madreefer
04-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Myself and a couple of other reefers have tried a carnation coral and failed. Has anyone else had good results trying to keep this coral alive for over 6 months? If so, any tips?

paddyob
04-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Haha I think it's cute

I should not tease yah.... I am going to add Xenia to my Mandarin tank. Softies only going in the. Low maintenance corals so I can focus on the Mandarins.

paddyob
04-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Myself and a couple of other reefers have tried a carnation coral and failed. Has anyone else had good results trying to keep this coral alive for over 6 months? If so, any tips?

Its a Dendronephthya. More feeding, less light.

I have never had one... but from what I have seen/read... most people who are successful are running non-photosynthetic tanks.

MarkoD
04-02-2011, 01:31 PM
i put pulsing xenia into my fluval edge about a month ago, it grows like crazy! the height has already reached the top of the glass

es355lucille
04-02-2011, 02:23 PM
he he....low maintenance maybe for a while....then you will be a Xenia farmer. I had that stuff as a first coral and it was a PITA. Just saying.

I am going to add Xenia to my Mandarin tank. Softies only going in the. Low maintenance corals so I can focus on the Mandarins.

Moby da Goby
04-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Is that the piece from my tank?? If so, I'm glad it's growing well! I'll be ready to cut down the xenia forest again in a month! I can't believe how fast it grows!

i put pulsing xenia into my fluval edge about a month ago, it grows like crazy! the height has already reached the top of the glass

MarkoD
04-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Is that the piece from my tank?? If so, I'm glad it's growing well! I'll be ready to cut down the xenia forest again in a month! I can't believe how fast it grows!

yup grows like nuts

paddyob
04-02-2011, 06:46 PM
he he....low maintenance maybe for a while....then you will be a Xenia farmer. I had that stuff as a first coral and it was a PITA. Just saying.

Yea I know about Xenia. Again, I am doing it on purpose. Kenyas, GSP, Xenia and a few other softies. 20 gallon tank that I want coral in... but don't want to have to stress over my levels as much. My 70 keeps me busy enough.

I want it to completely fill in. Watch my Mandarin thread. You will soon see :wink:

NEVER will Xenia see my 70 gallon display. Never.