PDA

View Full Version : Flatworm Exit

FishyFishy!
03-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Anyone know a store here that has any flatworm exit? My nano got flatworms after buying a coral from big als. Want to nuke it with Flatworm Exit.

Trocar61
03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Anyone know a store here that has any flatworm exit? My nano got flatworms after buying a coral from big als. Want to nuke it with Flatworm Exit.

Ocean City had some.

sphelps
03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
All my tanks have had flat worms at some point and I no longer bother trying to treat for them. Flatworms are harmless and rarely cause any issues even if left completely uncontrolled. Treating them with exit usually results in more trouble as dead flat worms have to be removed manually after treatment and they almost always come back. Multiple treatments can sometime lead to the worms building up an immunity. Best control is a wrasse or something that eats them, a six line is usually a good candidate for almost any tank.

Trocar61
03-31-2011, 05:53 PM
All my tanks have had flat worms at some point and I no longer bother trying to treat for them. Flatworms are harmless and rarely cause any issues even if left completely uncontrolled. Treating them with exit usually results in more trouble as dead flat worms have to be removed manually after treatment and they almost always come back. Multiple treatments can sometime lead to the worms building up an immunity. Best control is a wrasse or something that eats them, a six line is usually a good candidate for almost any tank.

I used it in my tank, had tons of flat worms. Treated it with exit and have not seen one since, and that was 5 months ago. just my 2 cents

rtram
03-31-2011, 08:12 PM
last time i checked, about a week or two ago, red coral had some.

for a nano tank, i don't think it'd be too wise to throw in a wrasse as space and bio load is precious in such a small system. if you're meticulous during the treatment process, meaning you take extra precautions to do the recommended water changes and manual removal of all visible worms, then you minimize the damage of their toxins. you shouldn't have any problems with the chemical itself. however, if you don't treat with the recommended dosage or more, then yes the flatworms can build up an immunity.