PDA

View Full Version : Favourite fish and why

apex82
03-31-2011, 06:49 AM
Just curious what your favourite reef safeish fish(s) in your tank and why if possible.

Mine was my hawaiin blue chin trigger.... RIP

ScubaGirl
03-31-2011, 12:21 PM
I like all of our fish but I especially like our blond naso tang. He has TONS of personality and has been a great addition to the tank. He recognizes me and comes right up close when I'm sitting there or walk by, almost trying to rub up against me, eats out of my hand, etc. He's a cutie. I say he because his tail is changing. I think he's growing some banners! :biggrin:

dsaundry
03-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Love my Niger Trigger..he's nuts..:biggrin:

ponokareefer
03-31-2011, 07:48 PM
My occelaris clownfish playing in the anemones. They can't figure out if they like their original LTA or the RBTA's that are in there. I didn't think most clowns went back and forth with anemones on a daily basis.

Wayne
03-31-2011, 09:21 PM
Flame Hawkfish, tons of color, very aware of whats outside the tank. Like the Peek-A-Boo behaviour :lol:

hound96
03-31-2011, 09:33 PM
desjardini sailfin tang because of the color patern

DiverDude
03-31-2011, 10:02 PM
My Orange Spotted Goby (paired with a Pistol Shrimp). Because he's still alive. :mrgreen:

Lance
03-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Toss up between my Blue Throat Trigger and Harlequin Tuskfish.
The Trigger is always playing in the flow from the Vortechs. He lets the flow push him straight backward about 8 inches and then he uses just enough fin power to hold himself steady with the flow directly in his face; just like a dog with its head out the car window.
The Tuskfish is just a great looking fish. With his large blue teeth he looks like he'd rip any fish to pieces but is really a big baby.

Haloreef
03-31-2011, 10:29 PM
My Achilles Tangs! They are the reason I got into the hobby... I love that orange tear drop pattern on the black/brown base colour.
Keith.

apex82
04-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Toss up between my Blue Throat Trigger and Harlequin Tuskfish.
The Trigger is always playing in the flow from the Vortechs. He lets the flow push him straight backward about 8 inches and then he uses just enough fin power to hold himself steady with the flow directly in his face; just like a dog with its head out the car window.
The Tuskfish is just a great looking fish. With his large blue teeth he looks like he'd rip any fish to pieces but is really a big baby.

Nice, those are my two fave's as well. Did you get an aussie tusk or indo?

Lance
04-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Nice, those are my two fave's as well. Did you get an aussie tusk or indo?

Aussie

Skimmerking
04-01-2011, 04:32 AM
My Achilles Tangs! They are the reason I got into the hobby... I love that orange tear drop pattern on the black/brown base colour.
Keith.
you have 2 of them together

Ryan
04-01-2011, 04:32 AM
My Wyoming White Clownfish and my Flameback angel are tied for my favourite fish. The White not many people have and the flameback is always in and out of the rock work which makes him fun to watch.

Murminator
04-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Green mandrian

ScubaSteve
04-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Midas Blenny. Like to watch the world around him and is just all around goofy (like playing upside down, play games with me in the rocks, etc). The best part is, he gets soooooo excited when I come home. As soon as he sees me he flies to the front of the tank wagging back and forth like an excited puppy. He's a champ!

fishytime
04-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Powder Blue tang.......always up front and constantly powerhead surfing.....a blast to watch

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my favorite at any time

kien
04-01-2011, 05:34 AM
tailspot blenny. So much personality in such a little package :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5133/5463408710_796b466db3_b.jpg

riceboy
04-01-2011, 05:35 AM
I'd have to say my tailspot blennie, his face looks like a cartoon and always peaks his head out of a hole when ever I walk by lol

riceboy
04-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Lol looks exactly like what kein posted lol

asylumdown
04-01-2011, 06:35 AM
tailspot blenny. So much personality in such a little package :)

+1. I picked up two for my nano a while back and I love them.

Otherwise I'd have to say Sohal tang. It was a newb mistake to buy in the first place (my tank is way too small for an adult) so I've given it up, but that fish was like a dog to me.

strickrick
04-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I'd too have to say an aussie harley. I ordered one from The Reef Shoppe (many thanks to Kelly) a while back and he was always on the move, came home from work one day and feed the fish and didn't see him. Jumper, didn't think there was enough room!!!

I've read a few posts that suggest to keep in a reef tank only with lots of live rock because they are prone to going blind. I know of one case for sure because I had a huge one in with a ray (just a mound of rock) and you could catch him with one hand. Nearly killed me to see because he was about 8" with huge blue teeth!!!

phreezee
04-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Although he always bites my fingers, my 12" Sohal Tang is my favorite fish. Always greets me anytime I'm near the tank and eats out of my hand.

bob the nano
04-01-2011, 05:57 PM
My favorite besides my wheelers goby is the the tail spot blenny they have a great personality.

Madreefer
04-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Mine would have to be a Long Nosed Hawkfish. Just because of the personality. My wife calls it a swordfish.

fishoholic
04-02-2011, 01:48 PM
King/passer angel and mandarin dragonette because I love the colouration of them and boxfish and blennies because I love their personalities.

Trabby
04-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Flame Hawkfish, tons of color, very aware of whats outside the tank. Like the Peek-A-Boo behaviour :lol:

We have a 14yr old flame hawkfish. He is hilarious, always on top of what's going on in or out of the tank. I suspect that's why he got the name snoopy :) I'd have to say he is my favorite in the 80g.

Trabby
04-02-2011, 03:14 PM
In our 90g reef I would have to say my favorite fish is Spidey our ember blenny. Not only is he beautiful to look at but full of personality as well.

jon.smolders
04-02-2011, 03:25 PM
My wife's favorite fish was my royal "grandma" (gramma) because of the name... :) my moms was my yellow tang because of his personality. I think mine was probably my Ocellaris clownfish... they were my first SW fish and lived 9 years. Clownfish were cooler before Finding Nemo came out.

Bblinks
04-02-2011, 03:34 PM
My top rated larger fish would be fangs, I love all my tangs. Medium size would be my bicolor blennie, the wife and I call him grandpa due the perch posture and personality. Smaller fish would be my Swissguard, it is amazing fish if he ever comes into sight. Lastly in the delicate department, dragon face pipe fish; with 3 tunze 6105 and a wave box, the little guy still comes out and swims every where, what a trooper.

es355lucille
04-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Flagfin Angelfish, she loves the current more than all the other fish combined in our tank. Very active fish! She looks cool under the moonlight as her mouth is purple and it glows under the blue light. (she's on the right, hard to get a picture as she is always moving)

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu279/es355lucille/Aquarium%202011/IMG_1679.jpg