PDA

View Full Version : Tank space... For rent?

asylumdown
03-30-2011, 07:04 PM
So here's the story:

Currently have a 90 gallon reef tank. I'm also building a house, where a 250-300 gallon tank is being built right in to the house as a wall between two rooms.

However, some things have come up (very good things) that will require us to sell our current condo months before our new house is ready, which was not in the original plan.

The only thing in my tank I really care about saving are my corals. I've spent a year and a half building up my collection of SPS and LPS frags and colonies, and I have some really nice pieces, and some frags that are on their way to becoming really nice pieces. Does anyone know of someone who might be willing to rent space in their tank for my corals if it comes to that? I'll happily pay a monthly fee to help offset any increase in additives they consume, and I'd be more than happy to leave the person who takes them with frags of anything that is large enough to frag when my new system is ready, which is projected to be August or September. I'd be selling or giving away everything else associated with the tank (except the rock, I plan on turning it in to dry base rock) that I can't use in the new system, so I'm really just concerned about saving the corals.

Right now I'm just trying to see if it's even an option, as we're meeting with the realtor tonight and she's already expressed concern over my hackjob of a newb aquarium taking up so much floor space when it comes time to show the property. If I know I will be able to preserve my corals in someone else's tank it will make the decision a heck of a lot easier.

Disclaimer: my tank has an aiptasia issue (another reason I wouldn't sell the rock), but none of my corals would have aiptasia on them. As far as I know I've got no other pests, and would be doing major dips on everything first.

The Grizz
03-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Just bring the whole tank to me and i can babysit and help you get rid of the apitasia on the rock I have a Matted File fish and a zapper, I could set up a temp tank for the rock and throw him in there and zap the big ones. This would keep your rock alive.

Just an option for you.

phreezee
03-30-2011, 07:24 PM
^ Edit: very generous offer from Grizz

asylumdown
03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
man is it ever! I'll PM you tonight after we've talked to the realtor.

The Grizz
03-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Not a problem, I have the room and LOTS of empty tanks ATM.:biggrin:

sphelps
03-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm setting up my tank again right away. I'll hold whatever you want for as long as you need in exchange for a frag or two of each when you take them back :mrgreen:

Tank should be setup in a couple weeks, could also work out a deal and buy your rock and some some other livestock as well as even take your water to prevent too much of a change.

My tank is 100 gallons, LED lighting, 4 stage dosing, tunze and red dragon flow, BK skimmer, and of course RO and high quality salt. Also have tonnes of experience with SPS and virtually all corals.

PM me if you want to talk further.

fishytime
04-01-2011, 05:31 AM
lemme know if I can help......

asylumdown
04-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Thanks, The realtor said because my tank is full of pretty things it probably won't be a problem. If I had an obsession with reptiles it might be a different story.

We're going to try and sell it with the tank here, but if there's any negative feedback from potential buyers it will have to go. We'll still likely have to move out of here at least a couple of months before the new system is ready regardless, so thanks for the offers and I'll keep you posted!