PDA

View Full Version : Go

imcosmokramer
03-29-2011, 04:35 PM
this is a pretty crazy idea: http://reeftools.com/news/aquarium-in-your-shower-plano-acquario/

I'm not really sure how realistic this is. I'd be worried about gas exchange shortage. Where is the filtration?

phi delt reefer
03-29-2011, 07:27 PM
it should be like anyother true slim wall tank. though the pictures looks like the walls have no openings (ie seamless), in reality you would need a "hidden door" at the top and sides of the tank for a narrow hob/lights/etc. There is a company in Ontario that makes the tanks from acrylic and most people install like 6 inch fancy trim around the tank and use that as their "hidden doors".

Phanman
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
cool but you would only enjoy the tank for like an hour or two a day... seems kind of a waste unless you spend ur day in the can lol.

asylumdown
03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I can picture a bunch of high minded design people thinking this is a great idea then being royally annoyed when they discover that an aquarium isn't just a piece of furniture. High-end european styling or not, that thing would look like garbage in a month without regular, routine, down and dirty maintenance.

But man, how sweet would it be to not have to worry about getting water on the floor, while being right next to a drain.

imcosmokramer
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
I can picture a bunch of high minded design people thinking this is a great idea then being royally annoyed when they discover that an aquarium isn't just a piece of furniture. High-end european styling or not, that thing would look like garbage in a month without regular, routine, down and dirty maintenance.

But man, how sweet would it be to not have to worry about getting water on the floor, while being right next to a drain.

I didn't even think about the water on the floor angle, that' sweet!

lastlight
03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
In yonder shower tank ye shall find a cleaner wrasse me thinks...