PDA

View Full Version : APEX Failure...?

cale262
03-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Well I’ve had my APEX for about two weeks now, bought it with two EB8’s, the WXM and all the probes,....It sat in the box’s for a few days until I had some time to mount it on a board, a few more day to get it wireless for my browser. I let it sit with the probes (PH/ORP/TEMP) in the water for a few more days, I then plugged in the lights and programmed them (MH/ACT/Moon), tonight I had some more time so I thought I’d get the WXM going with the four MP40wES, got two of them programmed and running but while I was setting up the Profiles the whole thing locked up on me...I gave it about an hour thinking it may sort itself out but no joy. I then unplugged everything for a while and when I plugged it all back it the display read a temp of 19.3, PH of 0.35, ORP 921 and nothing else(locked up)...I went through the process of unplugging and plugging it back in a few times (lots of time in between attempts) and still no joy...Right now I have a blank (illuminated blue) display, all of the status lights are blinking except for the base stn. (solid green) and I can’t log-in via the browser...

Any help would be appreciated,...

TIA,

PS: I sure am glad I haven’t totally disconnected the RKE it was intended to replace yet.

cale262
03-28-2011, 04:23 AM
OK, I think I've figured it out now, I was able to get into the unit via browser with a wired connection through the router after I disconnected the WXM...From there I was able to reload my last saved config. file and all is good again...for now, I'm about to try to set-up the WXM again, If all falls apart from there I'll have to assume the problem is with the WXM...

abcha0s
03-28-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm glad you caught the crash. One of my worst nightmares is having the Apex crash and not noticing it. I've had strange things happen, but so far nothing that impacted my tank.

- Brad

PoonTang
03-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Are you running the latest firmware? If not then I would upgrade it. If the problem happens again then I would try doing a firmware re install. You may have a corrupt install. Note- do NOT try and do it wirelessly as you will most likely brick the unit. It must be done over a wired connection.

cale262
03-28-2011, 06:05 PM
It is the most current FW, I updated everything a week ago, I read all about the "brick" issue with wireless updates...everything is running smooth with the MP40wES's now, kewl, high speed feature, I likes.

I was even tempted to try out the new 4.05 BETA FW but I thinks I'll wait for the release version before I start playing around with it again.

cale262
03-28-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm glad you caught the crash. One of my worst nightmares is having the Apex crash and not noticing it. I've had strange things happen, but so far nothing that impacted my tank.

- Brad

Yeah, I hear you there, It's all in place to make things easier...until it fails, I just hope to have enough fail-safes in place before I start to solely rely on it.

I do have the MP40's set as "fallback pulse" that worked in this case...and hooked up to a UPC Batt.bckup just in case the EB8's cave in.