PDA

View Full Version : My truly nano tank

spit.fire
03-28-2011, 01:03 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/tyty_220/IMG512.jpg

atm there are 3 blue damsels in it but they will be coming out of it once i find something smaller for it

noirsphynx
03-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Awesome, another Spec user. Any idea what's going in there?

spit.fire
03-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Awesome, another Spec user. Any idea what's going in there?
not to sure as of yet, i need to do a bit of research due to im kind of new to the whole salt water thing

i was wanting clowns but from what ive seen they get too big for such a small tank

noirsphynx
03-28-2011, 02:28 AM
not to sure as of yet, i need to do a bit of research due to im kind of new to the whole salt water thing

i was wanting clowns but from what ive seen they get too big for such a small tank

Yes, even one clown and one damsel is way too big for this tank. It's much better suited for one clown goby or one trimma goby or something along that size. I'll start a thread on mine right away. When I can find one I want to put a Flaming Prawn Goby in mine.
Make sure you do very frequent water changes(bi-weekly) and don't slack on top ups(must be done daily). Things can go very wrong very fast in such a small system.

spit.fire
03-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Yes, even one clown and one damsel is way too big for this tank. It's much better suited for one clown goby or one trimma goby or something along that size. I'll start a thread on mine right away. When I can find one I want to put a Flaming Prawn Goby in mine.
Make sure you do very frequent water changes(bi-weekly) and don't slack on top ups(must be done daily). Things can go very wrong very fast in such a small system.
Ya i was warned about alot of water changes on such a small tank, i love the fluval spec for its filter system tho and the flow rate on the pump it has

Polscot
04-07-2011, 01:53 AM
nice spec, check out my build homie http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=266826

Ian
04-07-2011, 02:04 AM
How well do the specs lid prevent evap. losses ...if it was good enough 2 small water changes a week could be all you need to top it up as well

spit.fire
04-07-2011, 03:09 AM
How well do the specs lid prevent evap. losses ...if it was good enough 2 small water changes a week could be all you need to top it up as well
i have a light covering the hole in the lid so i dont get any noticable evap whatsoever