PDA

View Full Version : Overflow costs?

Son Of Skyline
06-10-2002, 11:27 PM
Does anybody know about how much it costs to have an overflow made including or not including drilling? I'm thinking of a corner overflow with the hole being drilled in the back of the tank rather than the bottom. This would be for a tank anywhere from 90-120gal. Thanks in advance...

Dez
06-11-2002, 12:06 AM
I have a tideflow overflow that is kicking around that can handle about 1000 gallons per hour. It sells for $199 new... I'll let it go for $75...comes with everything and an extra u tube for more flow...works well...

just a thought...

des

Skimmerking
06-11-2002, 12:28 AM
iT COSTS AROUND $30 DOLLARS FOR THE OVER FLOW.ANd that 's smoked glass too. ANd the drilling is around 25 bucks to get it done ...

Son Of Skyline
06-11-2002, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by asmodeus:
iT COSTS AROUND $30 DOLLARS FOR THE OVER FLOW.ANd that 's smoked glass too. ANd the drilling is around 25 bucks to get it done ...<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow. That's alot cheaper than what I've been quoted around here! You Manitobans got it easy ;)

I was hoping that somebody knew where I could get one made for around $50-$70 + the cost of drilling. I've been quoted up to $150 so far.

Dale D
06-12-2002, 03:06 AM
Some Speedy Autoglass outlets will drill tanks for about $20.

You can make an overflow box pretty cheaply yourself. Get some acrylic from a plastics or glass shop.

Revy also carries acrylic sheet.

But, a plastics or glass shop should have some small peices lying around for cheap.