PDA

View Full Version : whats with all the velvet posts?

cathyg_99
03-27-2011, 03:59 AM
is it just a fluke that there is alot of velvet posts lately or is this a spring cycle that crops up each year with new fish fresh from the ocean?

BlueTang<3
03-27-2011, 04:02 AM
I think it is more from more people in the hobby and stores are selling stuff faster and more of a turnover through the stores.

fencer
03-27-2011, 07:32 AM
most of the shops use common suppliers

fishoholic
03-27-2011, 03:15 PM
I've wondered myself if it's something about spring time. More fish being sold and higher turn over makes sense as well. I know the issues I've had in the past with my tanks and fish dying have all happened in the spring.

reefwars
03-27-2011, 03:20 PM
I've wondered myself if it's something about spring time. More fish being sold and higher turn over makes sense as well. I know the issues I've had in the past with my tanks and fish dying have all happened in the spring.

id say you nailed it right on the head, everyone is trying to bring in new stuff as its a new season and lots of people are eager to buy, winter blues are going away:):)

bvlester
03-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Brooke and MV look similar and Brooke does not respond to copper to well so fish die and people assume they started to treat for MV to late. You should confirm MV is cause of death because these two diseases are totally different and react different Brooke can kill in 24hrs from the time you see it on the fish. Brooke is way more common and though it is a clown fish disease it will move on to many other species of fish in search of a host.

Bill