PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Large 6 line Wrass

Kavy
03-26-2011, 11:44 PM
WTB a larger 6 line wrasse to eat up my flat worms...

I have a dwarf Lion fish about 3"...Needs to be larger than that.

Let me know!

ScubaSteve
03-26-2011, 11:47 PM
I'd recommend a blue velvet nudibranch for this job. Guaranteed to eat flatworms (I never had sucess with wrasses and flatworms) and no worry about the lion fish eating it.

Kavy
03-26-2011, 11:59 PM
I'd recommend a blue velvet nudibranch for this job. Guaranteed to eat flatworms (I never had sucess with wrasses and flatworms) and no worry about the lion fish eating it.

Only 1 wrasee will eat flat worms...a 6 line.

I am more worried about the Nudibranch running out of food and dieing ( which I was told will wipe out my tank) I have alot of rock and dont feel like fishing it out.

Plus I wouldnt mind another fish and let someone get a cute baby again :wink:

ScubaSteve
03-27-2011, 12:19 AM
That's what I mean. Tried a few 6-lines. Nothin'.

When the nudi runs out of rood, just pass him on. If he does die, he won't totally destroy the tank. Mine decided to crawl into the filter intake and got shredded. I was away for the weekend and didn't find it until Monday. Didn't even cause a blip in the tank.

As for a new fish, 6 lines are bad ass. Love them.

Ripwoop
03-27-2011, 01:54 AM

My 6 line absolutely destroyed the flat worm out break i had awhile ago. Got so fat i though it could be prego.

Kavy
03-27-2011, 05:52 AM
That's what I mean. Tried a few 6-lines. Nothin'.

When the nudi runs out of rood, just pass him on. If he does die, he won't totally destroy the tank. Mine decided to crawl into the filter intake and got shredded. I was away for the weekend and didn't find it until Monday. Didn't even cause a blip in the tank.

As for a new fish, 6 lines are bad ass. Love them.

I see your point. I did a bit more research, I guess wrasses have to have a "taste" for em.

Good to know that your nudi didnt blow your tank up!!

Regarless, I am up for a new fish..If it doesnt work out, I will go the Nudi route!! :biggrin:

whatcaneyedo
03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Any wrasse from the genus Halichoeres might eat flatworms as well as pyramidellid snails and bristle worms. Its not just restricted to six lines (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia). In the past I used a Halichoeres chrysus to clean what was left in a 50gal. At the moment I've got the same issue as you. Not flatworms but needing a wrasse that will not get eaten by my dwarf lion or eel. I opted for a Halichoeres ornatissimus because they grow much larger. I had it shipped from J&L earlier this week.

BlueWorldAquatic
03-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Yellow coris wrasse
Melenarus wrasse
mandarins will too

Kavy
03-28-2011, 05:17 AM
Thanks for clearing all this up guys...appreciate the knowledge

Ripwoop
03-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Well since you are in mission i could rent mine out to you. It's a proven flatworm eater. :)

Madreefer
03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
6 line wrasses are bastards. There is a new post at least a couple of times a month by people who are asking how to trap the 6lines that are in their tank. They can be a huge pain in the ass and a menace in your tank. Really cool looking and active fish though.