PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Now my Mandarin is Dying!!!!

ScubaSteve
03-26-2011, 03:31 AM
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! So my Butterfly just died last week of something that I thought was ich. Tonight I look in my tank and my mandarin is hanging out in the open (which he never does), sitting on the bottom breathing hard. The top if his head is white and splotchy (can't tell if it's been rubbed or if it's somthing else). His fins are a bit tattered looking. The worst part is, he looked fat happy and normal this morning!

I've attached a picture of him, hopefully you can see something I don't. I'm not even sure what this is, so I'm not sure how to even treat it. Should I get the hospital warmed up and running again and try to get him in there (though I think it will stress him out too much).

And now I don't see my blenny. He was out earlier but he's not hanging out in his usual location that has been his home for a year and a half! (He was hanging out near the back of the tank earlier, which he never does).

What is going on here?

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/Nergetic/IMG_0590.jpg

toytech
03-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Im no expert but it looks like velvet . I just had a CCB die on me from the same thing , as you said fine and eating one minute dead another . My CCB whent down hill and died in 2 hours . Hope your mandarin pulls through , there tough little guys.

ScubaSteve
03-26-2011, 04:07 AM
F*** me... I hope I don't lose all my fish. For the ones not affected so far. Should I, if I can even catch them, move them to a quanantine?

ScubaSteve
03-26-2011, 04:18 AM
Dead. I'm pretty sure my blenny is a goner too. Have't seem him and because he's yellow he'd be impossible to see if he had velvet until too late.

es355lucille
03-26-2011, 04:24 AM
What other fish do you have in there Steve?

ScubaSteve
03-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Well, as of now only a blenny (MIA) and a randall's goby.

es355lucille
03-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Sorry man.......not good.

RedCoralEdmonton
03-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Was the butterfly the last new fish you put in there? im sorry i dont remember the other thread.... is there a possibility that that fish brought velvet into the tank? I know you have lost a couple now but now is the time to start thinking about saving everything else if this is the case....

Steve

Navarchus
03-26-2011, 02:42 PM
I am not too sure about it but I think mandarin have resistant to ICH , Velvet and other skin parasites duo to the special mucus covering their skin.
I had mandarin for years, one time in a period of a week it completely went white! I was sure he is going back to the Creator, but few days later he became normal again.

toytech
03-26-2011, 09:40 PM
That really sucks man sorry your fish died.

ScubaSteve
03-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Ya, it sucks. Two in a week? Super sucks. The remaing two seem OK today. Let's pray they remain that way.

ALang
03-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Good luck, Man.
Lenny.