PDA

View Full Version : LF Urchin

Samw
03-23-2011, 01:15 AM
I'm looking for a small urchin or two. I guess I want a colored/common or tuxedo urchin. Not the type that eats coraline algae and bore holes in live rock and not long spine. Before I go to the store, anyone from Richmond/Vancouver selling/trading theirs?

Milad
03-23-2011, 01:33 AM
i was under the impression all urchins eat coraline? I dont think its a big deal, the stuff grows faster than they can eat it and it gives everything a nice look.

es355lucille
03-23-2011, 01:44 AM
I have two tuxedo's and they eat coraline algae along with my turf algae......if you don't want to loose coraline these are not for you.

I'm looking for a small urchin or two. I guess I want a colored/common or tuxedo urchin. Not the type that eats coraline algae and bore holes in live rock and not long spine. Before I go to the store, anyone from Richmond/Vancouver selling/trading theirs?

Samw
03-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Ok, let me change my requirement. Eating coraline is fine as long as they don't take chunks of rock with it. In other words, I'm not interested in urchins such as Echinometra mathaei.

reeferious
03-23-2011, 02:13 AM
got too many urchins willing to trade a tuxedo for whatnot you've got. just give me some suggestions. thanx