PDA

View Full Version : Babies!!!!!

Dez
06-11-2002, 12:08 PM
The neatest thing happend last night just before the lights went out. My wife came back from walking the dog and she was staring at the tank and all of the sudden the fish were going crazy. She asked me if I fed the fish and I said no. There was a big white cloud and all the fish were eating something. I think they were baby peppermint shrimp because I recently got a peppermint shrimp and "she?" was really really fat. But I'm happy to say that all of my aiptaisia is gone, woo-hoo!!!! I bet my corals and fish loved the dose of live food smile.gif

Just thought I'd let you all know..

The white cloud of shrimp only last a few minutes, then things were back to normal..

des

titus
06-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Hello,

Nice. Although are we supposed to feel sorry for the babies? :D

Delphinus
06-11-2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty hard life to be a baby anything in a reef. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view!) they're the best food you can get!

My clownfish babies suffer the same fate. One day, I want to attempt to raise the fry to adulthood.

Cleaner shrimp will also spawn in captivity the same as peppermints ... all you need is two. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, no-one has yet been able to raise cleaner fry successfully. I do beleive it has been done for peppermints though.

cheers