1 anthias
2 loubti wrasses
2 leopard wrasses
1 flame wrasse
1 cleaner shrimp
4 blood shrimp

Delphinus
03-18-2011, 10:02 PM
I have 3 tangs in my 280g, a sailfin (Zebrasoma) who at the largest of the bunch is the undisputed king of the tank, and then two Acanthurus tangs, a lieutenant and a lavender. I have had all for a while and came forward from previous tanks. The aggression between the two Acanthurus at first was pretty nasty but subsided after 3-4 days.

They seem fine for the most part but even in the 280g there are times one or the other is scratched up. I have no plans to add any more tangs, at least none of the Zebrasoma or Acanthurus variety. Aggression between fish, even temporary, tends to stress me out and I'm learning that I'm happier when I avoid unnecessary stress. :)

Triggers are awesome!!! A pair of bluechin/bluejaw would be a lot of fun. They are in that genus of trigger that includes the bluechin, the sargassum, and the crosshatch and these are regarded as the most reef safe of the trigger family, as they are primarily planktivores.

The Grizz
03-18-2011, 10:46 PM
I have a Sailfin tang, Scopas Tang, Regal Tang and a Yellow Tang in my 165 and have never had an issue with any of them picking on each other or any other tank mates but what the hell do I know I can't even keep SPS alive in my tank. :lol:

Skimmerking
03-18-2011, 11:00 PM
lol

daniella3d
03-19-2011, 02:17 AM
I always had trouble with tang for aggressivity. My yellow tang killed my sweet and tamed green mandarin that I had for nearly a year. I now have my copperband butterfly living with my niger trigger and I love that trigger. Very sweet personality. Triggers are really cool fish. I can't tolerate aggression.

fishytime
03-19-2011, 02:47 AM
we can generalize all we want about certain species of fish....fact is though, that each fish really does have it own individual personality......and there really is no way to predict what introducing a new fish to the mix will do to the tank dynamics....

I say go for it.......if your confident that you can get someone out of the tank if need be:wink:....

The Grizz
03-19-2011, 03:49 AM
I would go for it to Mike :biggrin:

Skimmerking
03-19-2011, 04:00 PM
we can generalize all we want about certain species of fish....fact is though, that each fish really does have it own individual personality......and there really is no way to predict what introducing a new fish to the mix will do to the tank dynamics....

I say go for it.......if your confident that you can get someone out of the tank if need be:wink:....
Thanks Doug

I would go for it to Mike :biggrin:
Thanks Greg

i'm going to get those Tangs however, the Trigger's aren't going to go in the pair was sold, I would have loved to get the pair but oh well i thought about getting just the male. may be not.

hound96
03-19-2011, 06:08 PM
i have a desjardini , a yellow , a naso , and a regal and they al school together all the time and never fight

Hawkaholic
03-19-2011, 07:50 PM
I have a Powder Blue, Blonde Naso, Yellow-eye Kole, Niger Trigger and a Bluethroat Trigger. All are doing fine and get along great.