PDA

View Full Version : Trace element's

lorenz0
03-18-2011, 07:37 AM
What is everyone doing for trace elements and mineral's?

I have considered picking up either the Brightwell Aquatics Trace Element's or the Seachem Aquavitro fuel and started doing these.

Just have been struggling with leathers every since I have been in this hobby and I can't come to a conclusion where I am going wrong. But still interested to see what people are dosing

JMes
03-18-2011, 08:13 AM
I use ZEOvit Sea Water Complex All in One. I have a big bottle of it,so if you want to try it out let me know. I can send some your way to try out. I have never had problems growing leathers. It's the other way around. Started with 2 inch frag and now I am stuck with it taking up more than half of an 18 gal.

skabooya
03-18-2011, 03:29 PM
I use sheachem's Reef Trace Element as well as their Amino Acid
I use both now but Im noticing better growth if i dont use it. hmmmm

globaldesigns
03-18-2011, 05:54 PM
I use seachem Reef Trace Additive, along with weekly water changes:

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/sc-rtrc2000/SeaChem+Reef+Trace++Additive+-+2+Litre.html

Zoaelite
03-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Water changes only buddy, trying to judge if you have to little or to much of something that you can't test for is impractical. IMO trace element supplements are just another snake oil product.

lorenz0
03-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Thats what I have been thinking. Honestly I am cursed with any sort of softies. My mille in the tank is doing great, zoa's and paly's are doing awesome and any lps I keep do well in the cube. I do my weekly water changes with H2Ocean.

Yesterday I raised my light (hell its a 150mh, shouldn't even have to do this) with no change. So I did some research last night on flow for leathers and everyone said that they require high flow. Right now I am running about a 55x turnover rate and with the 750gph off its 25-30ish. So just going to visit my dad and hopefully a little someone will show a bit of response to the reduced flow by the time I get home.

As I said to a friend, I am also going to try blue xenia in the tank. If I can't keep that I have some issue somewhere that is not leather friendly BLAH!

Zoaelite
03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Thats what I have been thinking. Honestly I am cursed with any sort of softies. My mille in the tank is doing great, zoa's and paly's are doing awesome and any lps I keep do well in the cube. I do my weekly water changes with H2Ocean.

Yesterday I raised my light (hell its a 150mh, shouldn't even have to do this) with no change. So I did some research last night on flow for leathers and everyone said that they require high flow. Right now I am running about a 55x turnover rate and with the 750gph off its 25-30ish. So just going to visit my dad and hopefully a little someone will show a bit of response to the reduced flow by the time I get home.

As I said to a friend, I am also going to try blue xenia in the tank. If I can't keep that I have some issue somewhere that is not leather friendly BLAH!

Softies can be funny like that, the success of xenia has allot to do with Mag & Nutrients and I for one can't keep the stuff worth a dam.