PDA

View Full Version : Feather duster is such a chicken poo

skabooya
03-18-2011, 12:58 AM
well i didnt want too use the "s" word so i used poo.
I have 2 feather dusters. 1 hawiian and 1 yellow. My Hawiian is always out, no problems but my yellow feather duster is such a chicken poo. It pokes its feathers out for a moment and then when i walk by the tank POOF! gone. Or a fish swims by it POOF or a piece of food POOF. It takes a very long time for it to come back out but when it does and if something moves just a wee bit POOF!!

Does it just need time or does it have mental issues?? lol

Nebthet
03-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Give it some time. It will eventually learn that not everything in the tank is out to kill it.

The Grizz
03-18-2011, 04:08 AM
My 3 took about a week or so to get used to the tank. They still get spooked ate feeding time but come back out within minutes.

skabooya
03-18-2011, 04:19 AM
This ones been in my tank just over a month now. My hawian has been in the tank almost a year.
My yellow feather duster better smarten up and grow a pair. I paid $28 for it. I expect to enjoy it.
silly duster. lol

skabooya
03-18-2011, 04:21 AM
BTW Greg my tank is CRYSTAL thanks to you :)
except for the cyano that just creaped up on me :(

The Grizz
03-18-2011, 04:31 AM
BTW Greg my tank is CRYSTAL thanks to you :)
except for the cyano that just creaped up on me :(

SWEET! When do we get to see some pics :biggrin: I had some cyano in certain areas until recently when I got my levels of Mag, Ca & Alk up to where there are now. Have noticed this week that it is receding.

That is really weird about the feather dusters, what kind of flow are they in? The nice thing about dusters I have found is that you can move them around the tank until you find there happy place :biggrin: