PDA

View Full Version : New Firefish...

Jenn_737700
03-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Im new to the hobby :biggrin:, and I just got a new firefish goby on sunday. I took my time acclimating him, and made sure all the parameters were right. So, I know have a pair of clowns, my clean up crew, a peppermint shrimp and this firefish. The system is going great, execpt for the fact that the firefish hasnt come out of the rocks yet. I know they like to hide, but will they come out to eat? Or are they just super shy at first before theyre used to their surroundings?

patman
03-16-2011, 02:00 AM
I have three of them and for the first few days, I thought they had died. I would see them a bit during the day and then I couldn't find them. Now they are out all the time during the day, but then disappear into the rock again at night. The two bigger ones are always together, but the little one is more of a loner.

toytech
03-16-2011, 02:55 AM
I got one a few days ago , he was shy for a day . Im mad at him now cuz at night he sleeps on the sand on his side and couldent look more dead . I spotted him at night and in the morning the next day looking like that . When i came home after work he was all happy and perky and not dead .

BlueWorldAquatic
03-16-2011, 02:57 AM
firefish are hiders if not in groups, they are great hiders too. So good that they forget to come out for food sometimes.

Ken - BWA