PDA

View Full Version : Sad.... getting rid of tank.

Canadoc
03-14-2011, 06:04 AM
So..... I've had a little 29 gallon slice of the ocean in my house for 3 years now. What a learning experience, it has taught me that basically everything in nature wants to kill everything else, despite what sebastian from the little mermaid told me.

I have to move from edmonton to victoria soon for a residency position (really, not a complaint, there are way worse places to go than victoria), and realize that moving all the fish/coral is simply too much money. It makes me sad to lose the critters, I've grown very attached to them over the years. Here's hoping there's a reasonable aquarium business in victoria. I've met some great people in this hobby in alberta, thanks for everything, and keep up the hobby! The way things are going in the world, the only place left for coral may be in people's living rooms.... scary thought.

Not much else to say, just random musings, and some sadness to leave behind the tiny ecosystem I've helped look after. I'll post some pics later here!

Aquattro
03-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Just find homes for the critters, and bring the gear. Lots of new critters in town once you get here!

Canadoc
03-14-2011, 06:07 AM
I had thought about that... but, not gonna lie.... I do kind of want to upgrade!

Aquattro
03-14-2011, 06:09 AM
There's a nice 180 for sale at Progressive... :)

eli@fijireefrock.com
03-14-2011, 06:12 AM
cheer up i am sure you will find a good home to your tank.
good luck with the move and have a positive attitude.
i am sure there are good reefers in Victoria before you know it you will find ways to setup another :biggrin:

freezetyle
03-14-2011, 06:58 PM
There's a nice 180 for sale at Progressive... :)

and they used to have a pretty sweet reverse 90