PDA

View Full Version : A New Year needs new pictures

Acro
01-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just took a few pics and thought I'd share. I always enjoy seeing everyone's photo's.

Just a section of the reef

http://members.shaw.ca/jcross1/jan05_002_copy.JPG

Another section , oh and check out the peach milli . I can't wait to see that baby grow up.

http://members.shaw.ca/jcross1/jan05_012_copy.JPG

A close up of a nice monti.

http://members.shaw.ca/jcross1/jan05_015_copy.JPG

Lastly a close up of a few others.

http://members.shaw.ca/jcross1/jan05_024_copy.JPG

TNTCanada
01-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Nice mix of colours looks great

Delphinus
01-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Gasp...

... sigh ...

One day I want my reef to have a fraction of the colour contrast yours has, man! I love the placement you've given things; makes for very stunning impression and overall effect. :mrgreen:

How do you keep the lower corals from being shaded out?

And that peach milli reminds me of mango sherbet. Hmmm, I think I have some left in the freezer :lol: yumyum. Where'd you score that? I gotta find me some of that! :mrgreen:

LostMind
01-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Wow, beautiful.

In 5 or 10 years, my tank will look a little bit like that (I hope).

Mad jealousy over here :)

Wetback
01-06-2004, 12:19 AM
OMG!!!!!! That is beautiful..and only partial views of the tank. Awesome colors :eek: ths for sharing with us all. It makes me happy to look at but somehow SAD to go back and look at ours (how far we have to go :sad: )

christyf5
01-06-2004, 12:51 AM
Simply stunning Jamie!http://www.kurts-smilies.de/erstaunt2.gif So, when can we come over to get frags, ahem, I mean see it?? :wink:

Christy :)

kris
01-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Great pictures Jamie. Can we get some tank shots?

StirCrazy
01-06-2004, 01:04 AM
cool, I thought that second pic was a starfish for a sec hehe, the first pic is that a white coral in the top right or does it just look like that from the camera?

Steve

kari
01-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Nice camera work and beauty colors. Whats the secret to the full colors your getting in corals? What is the tank lit up with?

Aquattro
01-06-2004, 01:36 AM
Stunning, as usual! Looks like the cap collect is bigger since my last visit...

Acro
01-06-2004, 04:01 AM
Hey Thanks, Glad you guys like :cool:

Tony, Some corals do get a little less light, but pretty tough to correct when things get cramped. I try not to let things grow to much over other things but again pretty tough to stop sometimes. That peach milli I picked up from a buddy, When I got it was yucky brown and thought if thats peach I didn't want to eat any peaches he had to offer. It's coloring up now though and I can see what he was talking about.

Christy your welcome to stop by. It was too bad last time you were over here but I was over your way. :confused:

Kris, take a look at this collection of photo's I have on some web space I use to post and share. http://members.shaw.ca/jcross1/test.htm Just a wack of thumbs.

Kari, I run 250 de's with actinics. Secret are no longer secrets if you give them up :lol: Just kidding I wish I had some then I could sell them.

Steve, Have you consider getting glasses? :lol: A starfish? LOL. I think I answered your other question on msn.

Brad, yeah the caps are growing now. Not sure if it's a good thing though :confused:

sumpfinfishe
01-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Smashing pics there Jamie!
I thought the first image was your Christmas tree, as it's so colorful :eek:
I have been waiting by the phone for that invite, so hopefully now that the holiday's are over you might give me a ring as I'm getting hungry and I really need to use the bathroom :wink:

kris
01-06-2004, 06:44 AM
Wow thos pics look great..... we defently need to chat :biggrin: Those clams are beutiful, as well the corals.

Cheers!

sumpfinfishe
01-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Clams :question: :confused:

kris
01-06-2004, 08:23 AM
yeah just click here (http://members.shaw.ca/jcross1/test.htm) and there are a few clams and some other great photos of Jamies setup

Jack
01-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Nice pics Jamie. Not to many people can share pics of such awesome corals. :cool:

Acro
01-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks again,

Hey Rich, I replied to you pm, so we'll hook up when it works. I don't think today much of anythings going on as the snow is coming down big time now. Hopefully it'll be gone soon though :smile:

Kris, yeah I guess the holidays are over now and we'll talk soon. Once we can see ground again. :smile:

Jack, I think you just might know were some awesome corals are. If you don't talk to your partner I think he does. I know the one Steve though was a starfish is from you guys. :cool:

kris
01-06-2004, 05:48 PM
ground.... you mena we still have a ground out there.... underneath the snow... thats good i was getting kinda worried... well im off to play in the white stuff ( shovel the drive way)

AJ_77
01-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Your pics are awesome again, Jamie. :biggrin:

(You guys got SNOW?!? Take some pictures of THAT!!) we just got bitter cold... :confused:

Jack
01-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Jamie, I know nothing. :wink: :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
01-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Jamie, I know nothing. :wink: :mrgreen:

:eek: Oh man you are luckey I am letting this one get by :mrgreen:

Steve

Jack
01-06-2004, 10:37 PM

Steve

Huh?

robbyville
01-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Jamie, as always absolutely stunning! Great photography married to gread husbandry!

Rob

christyf5
01-06-2004, 11:38 PM

Steve

Huh?

Jeez Jack, you really are blond, aren'tcha? :wink:

Jack
01-07-2004, 12:36 AM
:lol:

LostMind
01-07-2004, 01:38 AM
Hey! Quit picking on Jack - he's a nice guy :)

Ok ok ok I know its all in good fun!

Acro
01-07-2004, 03:24 AM
Hey thanks guys I appreciate your comments :smile: Some far to kind

Alan, yeah it snowed and still is abit, Sorry no pics though, it's too friggen cold out there. :neutral:

Jack, you know I'd be making a list of the pranksters. Next time their looking for nice corals it just may be you getting the last laugh. :razz:

Aquattro
01-07-2004, 04:17 AM
Jack, you know I'd be making a list of the pranksters. Next time their looking for nice corals it just may be you getting the last laugh. :razz:

Ya, and notice I haven't said anything about Jack, great guy that he is.

StirCrazy
01-07-2004, 04:32 AM

thats why I let it go :mrgreen: you think I would ever be that hard on good old Jack? :angel:

Steve

StirCrazy
01-07-2004, 04:33 AM

Ya, and notice I haven't said anything about Jack, great guy that he is.

thats just cuz you didn't have the chance till after you read that last post :mrgreen:

Steve