PDA

View Full Version : Zoas being eaten

krazykarl
03-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Hello all,

I am new to Canreef and fairly new to the hobby. I have a 17 Gallon Nano Reef tank which has been up and running for 4 months. I just picked up a frag of Zoas and this morning I woke to them getting picked at by Amphipods. Has anyone experienced this before or have any advice as to what I can do to same the Zoas?

Thanks
Karl

Zoaelite
03-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Hello all,

I am new to Canreef and fairly new to the hobby. I have a 17 Gallon Nano Reef tank which has been up and running for 4 months. I just picked up a frag of Zoas and this morning I woke to them getting picked at by Amphipods. Has anyone experienced this before or have any advice as to what I can do to same the Zoas?

Thanks
Karl

Welcome to the board, always nice to see new faces here. Usually healthy zoas can withstand amphipod munchin but if its worrying you maybe it's time to add a wrasse to your tank.

Something small like a 6 line will work wonders.

krazykarl
03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Will a 6 line Warsse be ok in a 17 gallon?

es355lucille
03-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey check out this website. I like to go here if I am looking for information. The six line wrasse is there.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1926+375&pcatid=375

krazykarl
03-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I am thinking about getting a Hector's Goby. They are more compatible with the current tank inhabitants. Any thoughts on a Hector goby.
Cheers.