PDA

View Full Version : LF: freshwater plants or moss of any type

ckmullin
03-12-2011, 04:03 AM
First off we'd like to say a big hello to all members on this forum. My son and I came across this forum when searching for local resources on aquariums and quite like what we see here! Loads of great advice and tips.

We are putting together his first aquarium! ...pretty much have everything in place and now looking for any sort of freshwater plants or moss. The Petland little containers that cost you a pint of blood is a little much in my view.
Free is preferred however I do website development work so perhaps if payment is needed, can trade some of my time in this area for your unwanted plants. I'm willing to drive anywhere in Calgary.

Thanks a bunch

ck

Ross
03-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks a bunch
ck

Nice pun...

First off welcome to Canreef.

Secondly how big is the tank, whats in it and what substrate?

I just pruned my discus FW forest but may have some in the future.
Pisces pets is the best place for plants in town. they have weekend specials and a plant of the week on sale.
http://www.piscespets.com/Specials.html

ckmullin
03-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Hi and thanks for the welcome.

We ended up getting a 29 gal aquarium...big enough to enjoy and small enough to keep it manageable. For the substrate had grabbed a large bag of that epoxy coated stone. I'd say ~ 5mm for average size.

Thx for the store tip.

:biggrin:

eli@fijireefrock.com
03-12-2011, 04:50 AM
welcome to canreef.
i am sure you will receive some help from some freshwaholics:biggrin:

Delphinus
03-12-2011, 06:44 AM
I have a bunch of pruning I could do. Mostly easy/hardy/beginner type stuff. Valisneria or cryptocorynes types I think. I'm in Evergreen in the SW.

ElGuappo
03-12-2011, 06:53 AM
i'll take some of that tony if you have left overs... i can give you a little java fern if you want it in return....although cryptos melt in my tank... either that or my plecos eat them...

oh yeah and if you want some i can give you a small freebee of java fern.. pretty fast grower..

ckmullin
03-12-2011, 06:58 AM
I have a bunch of pruning I could do. Mostly easy/hardy/beginner type stuff. Valisneria or cryptocorynes types I think. I'm in Evergreen in the SW.

A very nice offer thank you. Even better, I'm in Evergreen too!
1 block south of fishcreek blvd.

I'll be happy to use whatever you can offer.