PDA

View Full Version : Anemone in a bad spot

Chooki11
03-09-2011, 11:26 PM
I was wondering how you unstick an anemone was it's found its spot? the one I have found a spot it likes under a rock away from all light, it doesn't look well and I would like to relocate the little guy. I would just turn the rock but there is quite a bit of other rock on it and a fish living under the bottom rock. Please help!
Thanks

Ya Dude
03-09-2011, 11:37 PM
point a powerhead right at it.they dont like that and may detatch in a while.or rest a rock against it lightly.

ponokareefer
03-10-2011, 01:13 AM
point a powerhead right at it.they dont like that and may detatch in a while.or rest a rock against it lightly.

Powerhead is your best bet, but if it moved under a rock, that isn't a good thing. Does your tank have more light than the system it used to be in?

Chooki11
03-10-2011, 01:29 AM
it's a 65g tank with t5 ho lights, 2blue 2 white lights. its about 24" deep.
i wasn't able to actually get a power head to it, so i had to slowly rub at it's foot until it came off. took about 20 minutes. i placed it about halfway up the tank (held it there gently until it grabbed on) and watched it for an hour. it looks very well and is out in full bloom so to speak. thanks for the info and quick replies. very much appreciated!!

naesco
03-10-2011, 07:39 AM
it's a 65g tank with t5 ho lights, 2blue 2 white lights. its about 24" deep.
i wasn't able to actually get a power head to it, so i had to slowly rub at it's foot until it came off. took about 20 minutes. i placed it about halfway up the tank (held it there gently until it grabbed on) and watched it for an hour. it looks very well and is out in full bloom so to speak. thanks for the info and quick replies. very much appreciated!!

Have you fed it

Strickland_673
03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
you can also rub an ice cube on it's foot, it'll move after that. just don't freeze the poor thing. I've never had much success with the power head method, but ice works everytime.

Judy Waytiuk
03-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Funny, I just tried ice this afternoon to get a green hairy mushroom to give to a fellow reefer ( I have WAY too many)... and that little shroom just kept a-hangin' on and on, even through three ice cubes! May have to relocate one of the little colony of five BTAs I have after changing to the Vertex from MH and T5HO-- it retreated into the rocks-- it was positioned higher than the other four (and there's a baby, too), so it was closer to the light. I am hoping I don't have to go get it. It's tucked itself into a crevice created by three or four chunks of live rock... but its buddy, the second-highest-positioned, adjusted itself slightly and was fully present for the biweekly dinner feeding of mysis shrimp.

daniella3d
03-16-2011, 02:12 AM
I think I will try the ice cube. My rock flower just moved back right beside my clam again. argggg...I think I am going to sell it. For some reason I don't know, it keep moving right beside the clam each time I move it. of course the clam does not enjoy the company.

you can also rub an ice cube on it's foot, it'll move after that. just don't freeze the poor thing. I've never had much success with the power head method, but ice works everytime.