Looking for any decent size anemones
And brains in Edmonton
How long has your tank been running?

Saltnoob
03-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Any kind I currently don't have any

Saltnoob
03-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Hears the thing I picked up a tank a week and a half ago it was fully established I have like a hundred hermits and a bunch of snails a large clown and some demsals what I did was transfer the tank and three quarters of the water home and set it back up with in one hour mixed my salt and waited a day to introduce it to the tank when both temps were the same the salinity is 1018 I know it says to have it at 1024 but that will come up with a few water changes so please if I'm doing it right let me know if I'm ready I've been checking my parameters every day and they are sweet and the coral and live stalk I have in it are all doing good

whatcaneyedo
03-09-2011, 11:33 PM
You may want to slow down and do some research before someone sells you aptasia... There are some pretty big differences between species of anemones that will make some completely unsuitable for your tank. Read up on how large they can get, what will or wont host in them, what their requirements are for lighting etc. Then decide if your tank is ready for one and what type you could get.

Here is a great article to get you started http://www.carlosreef.com/download/fclick.php?1

outacontrol
03-10-2011, 12:08 AM
I would slow down and get things stable for a few months before adding a anemone. They need things to be very stable and constant, no salinity swings or other weird parameters.

ponokareefer
03-10-2011, 12:10 AM
As others have already said, make sure you have a stable tank first.

What kind of clownfish is it? If you get a natural host, the clownfish is much more likely to go into the anemone.

Wayne
03-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Yup you need to pull the reigns and slow down a little. Noone here is in any way discouraging you from anenome's but you need to know that clowns don't host anenomes... Anenomes host clowns (which means in some cases the anenome will eat the clownfish if it doesn't want him there)

Read everything that you can and don't hesitate to ask questions :biggrin: Everyone here is more than happy to help out!

Saltnoob
03-10-2011, 05:20 AM
No no no I appreciate the info I've red up on them a bit I know some don't host I know that all Atlantic anemones don't host I've been told you can keep a couple of the same species other might get large and kill others I don't know if this is right but anyhow im very interested in learning about all this stuff thanks for everyones opinion and comments I will wait a little bit but not that little lol you can't stop me now I've opened the saltwater pandoras box hahahhH