PDA

View Full Version : where can i get metric check valves?

cathyg_99
03-09-2011, 08:17 PM
i need a metric check valve for my pump output so in the event of a power outage i wont have water on my floor. its 1mm smaller from being 1" does anyone know where i can find one??? ANYWHERE???

ive tried amre supply, plumbers village, home depot, rona ect

NEVERMIND I FOUND ONE ALL THE WAY FROM NEWZELAND

Aquattro
03-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Just use a regular PVC valve inline on your return line, no threads needed.

cathyg_99
03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Just use a regular PVC valve inline on your return line, no threads needed.

i dont get it? i cant get them to fit unless i silicone them and i dont want to do that my pvc tubing is 1mm off from being a inch

Aquattro
03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I would have used rigid PVC for a return, but you should be able to get barb fittings to screw into each side of a threaded valve and install it inline.

Aquattro
03-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Use something like this in a valve from Ocean Aquatics

http://www.amazon.com/LFGD-HOSE-BARB-1-SLIP/dp/B0002DKAM8

cut the plastic, insert valve. Maybe add some hose clamps, but probably don't need them.

fencer
03-09-2011, 09:41 PM
phone up FABco

Wayne
03-09-2011, 09:51 PM
i need a metric check valve for my pump output so in the event of a power outage i wont have water on my floor. its 1mm smaller from being 1" does anyone know where i can find one??? ANYWHERE???

ive tried amre supply, plumbers village, home depot, rona ect

So in the event of a power outage your sump will overflow? Most of the time you calculate the baffle height to compensate for display water into the sump...

cathyg_99
03-09-2011, 09:59 PM
So in the event of a power outage your sump will overflow? Most of the time you calculate the baffle height to compensate for display water into the sump...

lets put it this way its a prebuilt setup from aquagiant it was cheap... i phoned to tell them their sump wasnt big enough for the overflow they cut, and i was told by them that my return pump was to powerful

Wayne
03-09-2011, 10:02 PM
i was told by them that my return pump was to powerful

Thats cute, the only time your return pump is "too powerful" is if your drainlines can't keep up... Well at least it was cheap :biggrin:

cathyg_99
03-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Thats cute, the only time your return pump is "too powerful" is if your drainlines can't keep up... Well at least it was cheap :biggrin:

no its fine its a 600gph for a 90g and id say a 30g sump, the sump is just like 2-3 gallons to small so if i have any back siphon i get some on the floor...

i was like "yeah okay then" when he told me to get a smaller pump...

PoonTang
03-10-2011, 02:59 AM
I would do what it takes to reduce the drain back into the sump. Check valves are notorius for failing and at the very least once you get a little algae/ bacterial slime growth in the lines they will leak down anyhow.

Wayne
03-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Is the water siphoning from the return pump outlets? If so bring them closer to the water surface. Or is it just volume from the display and the sump water level is too high? If so another sump or some mods to your sump may be in order (preferably another guy).

reefwars
03-10-2011, 05:08 AM
drill some holes just under your waterline in your return facing down once water lowers past that point....syphon break:):)

cathyg_99
03-10-2011, 09:09 PM
drill some holes just under your waterline in your return facing down once water lowers past that point....syphon break:):)

i have its still not enough...