PDA

View Full Version : BTA killing crabs?

cathyg_99
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
can my bubble tip anemone kill crabs? he decided to go for a walk and there are two hermit crab shells empty right near him, my porcelin crab also died a few days ago for no reason...

all the water levels are where they should be

DCDN
03-07-2011, 07:58 PM
It's possible, I've seen my brain trying to get one of my hermit crabs. So it wouldnt suprise me if an anenome would.

shootingstar
03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
my seabae has eaten....humm let's see.....rics and yuma mushrooms, a lawnmower blenny, 2 blue/green cromis, a LIONFISH (that was a shocker) assorted crabs/snails (spits the shells out after).....and I'm sure assorted other critters that I didn't "catch him in the act of"..... He can be quite the pigglet with expensive snacks. And yes I feed him.

asylumdown
03-08-2011, 08:10 PM
hmmmm, maybe I need a Sebae anemone. I have 5 green chromis (how do you pluralize that?) that I would just looove to watch get devoured. 6 dollar fish got big and terrorize 200 dollar wrasses. Little bastards are practically uncatchable.

cathyg_99
03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
hmmmm, maybe I need a Sebae anemone. I have 5 green chromis (how do you pluralize that?) that I would just looove to watch get devoured. 6 dollar fish got big and terrorize 200 dollar wrasses. Little bastards are practically uncatchable.

mine keep going into my overflow... maybe yuou could catch them that way? and yes it has a lid i have no idea how they get in there

Wayne
03-08-2011, 10:00 PM

I wonder if a fishing hook and line might catch them :twised: