StirCrazy
01-04-2004, 06:57 PM
got this guy last night, today he is eatin good and staying put :mrgreen:

http://members.shaw.ca/s.l.s/temppics/anemone.jpg

Steve

Jack
01-05-2004, 01:39 AM
Cool.

A lot of people are getting anemones in sps reef tanks. I'm too nervous thats they'll wander.

Have your clowns noticed it yet? ..Or do you have clowns, I forget. :rolleyes:

StirCrazy
01-05-2004, 01:42 AM
Cool.

A lot of people are getting anemones in sps reef tanks. I'm too nervous thats they'll wander.

Have your clowns noticed it yet? ..Or do you have clowns, I forget. :rolleyes:

there isn't SPS in this tank, I am not that silly :mrgreen: only LPS in this tank but I am watching them all the same.

no clowns yet got to find compatable ones.. maybe goldstrip marons or something.. I wanted percs but aparently they don't go for bubble tips.. :sad:

Steve

StirCrazy
01-05-2004, 01:44 AM
besides I think I have to get rid of a couple mantis befor I put a fish that costs more than 5 bucks in there :mrgreen:

Steve

Delphinus
01-05-2004, 06:15 AM
I wanted percs but aparently they don't go for bubble tips.. :sad:

Percs can go into a BTA in a tank. Just 'cuz they don't do it in the wild doesn't mean they don't do it in a tank. :smile: No guarantees though, of course. But just so ya know .....

My percs hosted in BTA's for a number of years before I got the ritteri. Even after I got the ritteri they spent time in both, darting from one to the other (when I was foolish enough to keep the two species together in the same tank, that is).

Now that there are no clownfish in the tank with the BTA my BTA is unhosted. My banggai would sometimes hover in there mind you but not anymore, she's gotten a lot less timid over time. :biggrin:

Anyways there ya go ... cheers

StirCrazy
01-05-2004, 03:05 PM
ya but with my luck they would host in my torch coral :rolleyes:

Steve

robbyville
01-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Nice!

If it helps at all, my percs took to the exact same type of BTA with no problems. It took a few weeks at first, now they won't leave them, and the anemone has split three times! Still as you mentioned, each fish is different!

Rob