PDA

View Full Version : RBTA query?

pattylt
01-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Hello Canada!
I am trying to locate an article written by a guy who has propagated hundreds of Rose Bubbletip Anemones. He has a system where he uses feeding cycles to stimulate them to split. He offers his "secret" freely and has pictures of his tank with about 40 RBTA's in it. If anyone knows where this article is or anything about it and can link me up I would be sooooo greatful.
From waaaaay down in Colorado...... Thank you!
Patty

Aquattro
01-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Patty, the article is in here somewhere..

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/inverts/cnidaria/anthozoa/anemones.htm

Basically this guys feeds heavy for a period and then does a large (40%) water change. Almos t always prompts a split of all the rbtas in the tank.

TRS
01-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Ignore my PM. It looks like Brad beat me to the punch.

Since the RBTA seems to be the latest craze here and many are waitning for splits, any pertinent information that you could post for other Canreef members would be appreciated.

Delphinus
01-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Does this need to be in the buy/sell forum? Mind if I move it to the main reefing rofum? :wink: :biggrin:

Aquattro
01-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Does this need to be in the buy/sell forum? Mind if I move it to the main reefing rofum? :wink: :biggrin:

Did I miss that?? Oops!

Delphinus
01-05-2004, 06:20 AM
"Rofum"? :redface: Whoops. Bad fingers! You call that typing? No lotion! Bad fingers!

Namscam
01-07-2004, 05:21 AM
where on that web site does he say he feeds them and does a water change..forgive me but i only glance thru the pages and did not actually read the whole thing..i did read part of it...sorry for being so lazy and all

Aquattro
01-07-2004, 05:23 AM
where on that web site does he say he feeds them and does a water change..forgive me but i only glance thru the pages and did not actually read the whole thing..i did read part of it...sorry for being so lazy and all

Orange juice, a good nutritious meal and a decent night's sleep will fix that lazy problem. Then you can read the whole thing. :razz:

BCOrchidGuy
01-07-2004, 05:28 AM
LOL Brad, Okay but I'm not going to usurp Brads idea, I will tell you it's in there, just have to look for it.

Doug

Namscam
01-07-2004, 05:28 AM
reading it right now but cant seem to find it...all i see are the general info about classification, and their symbiont in page 1 and the care and mainteince in page 2..about the part bout reproduction, all he says is about what kind of reproduction do they exhibit

Aquattro
01-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Hint, it isn't on that page. I posted the link saying it was on that site. you have more reading than you thought..hehe :razz:

Namscam
01-07-2004, 05:38 AM
well i finally found it...it was a link in the damn article..but thank you brad for telling me to read it....stupid site is http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/inverts/cnidaria/anthozoa/bubbletipanemones.htm :biggrin:

BCOrchidGuy
01-07-2004, 05:40 AM
Find the Anemone reproduction link at the top then start reading, that's a heck of a good clue.

Doug

Aquattro
01-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Well worth the search, eh?

Namscam
would have been better if the links were given instead of reading.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Namscam
yup worth the search but most of the first part i already knew from my invertebrate class