PDA

View Full Version : Shopping recommendations

ensquire
03-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Going to be in Edmonton for the Kings game and managed to wrangle an extra day for shopping.
Could you people give me some ideas of the better fish and invert stores please.
Pm if you feel its more appropiate.

Thanks
Mike

fishoholic
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Blue world

Red coral

AI (aquarium illusions)

ensquire
03-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks , in Gps now. Lol
What is the common opinion on the store with the big shark tank ??
Overpriced ??

Flash
03-05-2011, 07:30 PM
come say hello at blue world today!

as for the "shark tank store" you're going to get a variety of opinions! just go in and take a look around! lol

fishoholic
03-05-2011, 07:42 PM
come say hello at blue world today!

as for the "shark tank store" you're going to get a variety of opinions! just go in and take a look around! lol

Very diplomatically said :biggrin:

I have to agree, it's fun to look around, just be cautious :wink:

toxic111
03-05-2011, 07:56 PM
last time I was in Ed, there were no sharks in the shark tank...

Flash
03-05-2011, 08:36 PM
there still isn't!

Wayne
03-05-2011, 08:57 PM
there still isn't!

I believe they have 1. They also have fake reef decorations :lol:

The Grizz
03-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Don't forget Marine Aquaria as well

ensquire
03-06-2011, 01:48 AM
would all three of the forum sponsors be able to box some goods up for shipping ?
This will be more of a scouting mission to find closer suppliers for when my tank gets ready.
But we all know how hard it is to leave a store without at least one thing for the old tank.

The Grizz
03-06-2011, 01:53 AM
I am sure that all of them would be more then capable to do that for you Mike. Make sure you let them know you are our YK reefer on a little visit. :biggrin:

ensquire
03-06-2011, 02:14 AM
I'll be like a kid in a candy store, Greg
LOL
also it looks like I may have all my plumbing issues worked out on my tank and will be starting that up in the next few weeks, thanks for your input.

The Grizz
03-06-2011, 03:23 AM
I'll be like a kid in a candy store, Greg
LOL
also it looks like I may have all my plumbing issues worked out on my tank and will be starting that up in the next few weeks, thanks for your input.

Sweet deal Mike can't wait to see how it all comes together, any other questions just drop a line :typing: Now all you need is a husky pup :biggrin:

BlueWorldAquatic
03-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Mike,

Give us a heads up in what you need or looking for. My staff and I will be willing to help you out which ever way we can. If we can't or don't have it I'll make sure its in when you visit.

Just make sure that when you return to YK you don't tell the airline you have live fish or they may make you send them "cargo" and it'll cost more. They don't want the liability of shipping stuff that can die.

Speaking of the "shark" store, heh, I am in the process of aquaring a few smooth hound shards for them from one of my suppliers.

If you need to contact me email is best ken@blueworldaquatic.com

Ken - BWA

ensquire
03-06-2011, 04:07 AM
Husky pups are a dime a dozen here, probably hear couple of hundred howling here on a clear crisp cold night.

Thanks for the help offer, I am sure there will be a question or two as we go.

Sweet deal Mike can't wait to see how it all comes together, any other questions just drop a line :typing: Now all you need is a husky pup :biggrin:

ensquire
03-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Thanks Ken, I was just thinking of making out a list of must haves
Kinda scary about where that may lead. LOL