PDA

View Full Version : AAAAHHHRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

smokinreefer
06-07-2002, 09:27 PM
i was just thinking how i havent seen my mandarin in awhile. and you know how you get when your intuition gives you that quezzy feeling in your gut....my mandarin is now fish jerky...behind my tank! :(

for those of you who havent seen my mandarin before...i can honestly say he was the fattest mandarin i had ever seen...when he turns you could practically see the rolls on his side! lol

R.I.P. and i was trying to find a healthy female for him to live with.

http://members.shaw.ca/smokinreefer/mandarin.jpg

canadawest
06-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Hey Shao, sorry to hear about your loss.

My Mandarin now probably holds the title of "fattest Mandarin you're ever seen".

I had a scare with mine a couple weeks ago after introducing a new resident, a Christmas Wrasse. The Wrasse didn't care much for a food competitor, even in a 100g tank, and took to terrorizing and ripping to shreds just about every fin on my poor docile Mandarin.

I finally had to separate the two as the Wrasse wouldn't ease up even after three days, and the poor Mandarin had "shell shock" by this point. Now the Mandarin is living peacefully in my 10g refugium, which isn't ideal, but I don't think she minds the solitude, and certainly has plenty to eat. In just two weeks all of her fins are fully regrown, and she looks great.

Anyways, hope you find a new fat one in the future, and again my condolences.

stephane
06-08-2002, 01:42 AM
sorry for you lost !

I have lost my six years old one couple month ago when I move my tank I have put a diatom filter and the mandarin get suck in the intake AAAAHHHHRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! but the worst is because I am 100% gulty :mad:

Mak
06-08-2002, 01:45 AM
Shao, What kind of Coral is that? I bought it without knowing the name and haven't seen one since. It is a Weed ( no pun intended ) kinda Coral isn't it?

DJ88
06-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Awwww that bites. I hadn't seen a mandarin as fat and big as yours.. :( Sorry to hear it Shao.

Mak
06-10-2002, 08:25 PM
Anybody? smile.gif

smokinreefer
06-10-2002, 09:32 PM
hey 2pac, tongue.gif
i believe it is branching star polyps, briarium species.

Mak
06-10-2002, 09:55 PM
That's Smokin ;) , and it only took 6 month's to find out what it was :D ...HE He he

Samw
06-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. I didn't know Mandarins can jump out of a tank.

smokinreefer
06-10-2002, 10:24 PM
anything can jump out of a tank. tho i dont believe mandarins are considered risky in that department, most likely, it was startled by something while swimming in the upper areas of the water column, which caused it to, unfortunately become airborne. i do however lay the blame on myself, as i have been meaning to put up some mesh screen to prevent this very issue, for quite some time. i actually lost my flameback about a year ago due to the same reason. will i ever learn. :confused: